Chapter 34

It was eerily silent among the four of us. Cassidy cracked a couple of jokes while Rowan made her explain it to him. Cameron was very focused on flying and navigating for some reason. I, on the other hand, was thinking about what Maureen told me and Brenin. New allies, people from our pasts, what did it all mean?

"So two fairies walk into a bar and one of them says- ELLA DUCK!!!" Cassidy suddenly yelled. An arrow skimmed above my head, nearly impaling me. I froze in shock and an arrow with a rubber stop on its tip suddenly hit me at such force that I fell off of Bird Cameron.

"AHHH!!!!!" I screamed with utter terror as I was falling. I would of hit the ground and died if a pair of arms didn't catch me. A familiar voice chuckled, "Hello princess."

I looked up and mutely gasped in shock. The person who caught me was none other than Jericho. Two other fairy mean flew up to us and Jericho placed me on the other. One of the mean had a bow and a quiver of arrows while the other had a long spear.

"W-Who a-are y-you?" I fake-stuttered at Jericho. He didn't recognize me because I didn't have my disguise on. Jericho then bowed and answered politely, "I'm Jericho the Rocker, one of Queen Lucinda's famous journeymen. It's a honor to meet you, princess."

I nodded and bit my lower lip. In the distance, I saw the twins and Rowan flying towards us. Oh shit, how am I gonna get out of this?! Suddenly an arrow impaled Jericho in the shoulder. He yelped in pain and clutched his shoulder.

"Jericho, it's one of those dammed red wings!" one of the journeymen yelled, a tall muscular dark-skinned man with forest green fairy wings. Jericho then hissed, "Kill her then! Protect the princess!" before ripping the arrow out of his shoulder. Blood oozed out of it, but Jericho didn't seem bother about it.

"Show your face, you dammed red wing!" hissed the other journeyman, a well-builded Asian man with copper-colored wings. Another arrow zoomed out of nowhere and impaled the Asian journeyman in his left leg. He howled in pain and tightened his grip on his spear. Jericho then hissed, "Silence, Denison!"

Suddenly all three of the journeymen passed out. A familiar Waron walked out of the bushes. It was H with a happy smile. I looked at her with shock and asked, "What did you? How did you? Why did you?"

"My fairy gift is the power over the mind. I can read thoughts and control people's minds," she merely answered. H then said, "Also you want to go back to the human realm, right? Once your friends come, I'll show you a shortcut to the Great Forest!"

On cue, the twins and Rowan flew down. Cassidy and Cameron looked at H angrily while Rowan looked confusedly at her. I swear that boy was the real-life version of Castiel from Supernatural.

"I knew you couldn't be trusted, you Waron!" hissed Cameron. H looked at him with heartbrokenness and hurt. I quickly waved my hands and exclaimed, "Cameron, no! H saved me! It's a misunderstanding!"

"What do you mean?!" Cassidy exclaimed with annoyance. I explained to them about what happened and Cameron immediately apologized to H. She merely nodded and said, "I know a shortcut to the Great Forest. That's where you all are heading, correct?"

     "How did you know?" Cassidy asked confusedly.

     "I can read minds," she answered with no emotion. H then began walking away and the four of us followed her. A few minutes later, we ran into another Waron. It was one of H's superiors we met when going to Maes Tywod, Major Bloodrose.

     "Private, what's the problem? You looked very distressed," asked Major Bloodrose with concern. H exclaimed, "Major, these pure ones need escorts to the Great Forest as soon as possible!"

"Two pure ones, a dragon-halfling , and a normal halfling?" Major Bloodrose questioned us. We nodded and she sighed. Major Bloodrose then told us, "Everyone, hold hands. I'll teleport you four to the Great Forest."

We all grabbed each other's hands and we were suddenly teleported to a familiar forest. I gave H a smile and nodded, as a way of thanks. She smiled and nodded back. The major then hissed at the twins, Rowan, and I, "You all, stop violating the treaty, this is your last warning."

She then grabbed H's hand and they teleported away. The twins and Rowan looked so confused, but there was no time for that. I then said to Cassidy and Cameron, "How do we build the portal mirror?"

"It will take awhile," Cassidy answered with a sigh. I groaned and ran my hands through my knotty hair. With a wave of my hand, I told them, "You two, build the portal mirror. Rowan and I will protect you from anything."

The twins nodded and began working on the portal mirror. I whipped out my knife and transformed it into my saber. I then handed Rowan my saber and asked, "Do you know to use this?"

"Yes, Lady Ella. I do," he answered with a smile. I then whipped out my revolver and reloaded it with some ammunition. No way in hell, I was gonna give Rowan the revolver.

"Lady Ella, we have company!" I heard Rowan exclaim to me. I looked into the distance and saw a group of fairies flying towards us. With my revolver readied, I took a deep breath.

"Princess Faylinn, we have found you!" exclaimed one of the fairies. There were at least ten fairies. Eight of the fairies were unfamiliar guards. The other two were none other than Queen Lucinda and Brenin. Oh lovely.