Chapter 10

"Already?" I asked nervously. I have been in Tywlyth for a day and I'm already meeting my lost husband. Queen Lucinda then chuckled, "No, not right this minute! You will need to get ready. Penelope, I need you!"

     A tall slender fairy girl walked into the room. She had pale skin, small dark brown eyes, and jet-black straight hair in twin buns. The fairy girl wore a gray cotton dress. Her wings were a rosy pink color and had pointy ears. The fairy girl reminded me of an anime schoolgirl. Penelope, the fairy who entered the room, asked, "Yes, your Highness?"

     "Please dress our guest of honor for tonight's return celebration," Queen Lucinda told Penelope. She nodded and the queen left the room. Penelope turned to me and squealed, "I can't believe the lost princess has return!"

     I didn't say anything, too absorbed in the thought of escaping this fairy realm. Penelope looked at me with concern. I looked back and said, "How do you leave the fairy realm?"

     "Why would you want to leave?! You just got here! Besides, I'm not allowed to tell you how," answered Penelope. I sighed and Penelope walked up to the closet. She opened it up and mumbled, "What dress will look best on the princess?"

     As Penelope was busy looking at the dresses, I tip-toed to the door. I quietly opened the door and tip-toed out of the bedroom. Scanning the area for guards, I began to search for a way to get out of this madhouse. I found a large window, which showed the outside. It was beautiful outside with bright moonlight .Suddenly I was in encased in a bubble of gold. Oh crap I thought.

"Where are you going, Princess Faylinn~?" Penelope snickered, her left hand glowing a golden color. Crap, she had the same gift as Finnick. I nervously chuckled, "The bathroom?"

"You know that there is a bathroom in your bedroom, right?" Penelope told me. I continued to chuckle with nervousness. Only known this girl for a minute and she already has the power to kill me. I was lifted off of the ground and floated back to the bedroom. Penelope released her power over me and I was dropped on the bed. She smiled at me and stated cheerfully, "Now it's time to get you ready for the celebration!"

Penelope then got out a beautiful ballgown from the closet. It was lavender (my all time favorite color) and was very simple, like my taste in fashion. She then placed the gown on the bed and told me, "Please strip."

     I blushed a bright red. This girl who I never met until now wanted me to strip! Too scandalous for me! Penelope sighed and said, "It's ok, I do this all the time! I'm a handmaiden for the royal family after all!"

     I sighed in defeat and took off my clothes. She then placed a corset on me and tightened it. I swear that I felt a rib crack under the pressure. Penelope then placed the ballgown on me and smoothed it out. She then exclaimed, "Now for the shoes and accessories!"

     Penelope beckoned me to sit on the velvety chair near the vanity. I did and Penelope walked back into the closet. When I was about to get up, I heard Penelope yell, "Don't even THINK about leaving this room!"

     I gulped in fear and sat still in my seat, waiting for Penelope. She then came out of the closet with a pair of silver flats. Penelope slipped them on my feet and then checked to make sure the shoes fit me. Smiling to herself, Penelope asked me, "What is your favorite gemstone,, princess?"

"Uh...the ruby..." I answered. She nodded and walked back into the closet. A few seconds later, she came out with a ruby jewelry set. In the jewelry set, were ruby earrings, a ruby necklace, and a ruby-encrusted tiara. I sweat-dropped, like an anime girl, at the sight of the jewelry.

"These rubies will look magnificent on you!" the handmaiden exclaimed. Penelope then placed the jewelry on me without taking off my locket and my other necklace. After taking the jewelry on me, Penelope told me, "Now it's time for the makeup!"

     She got out a bunch of makeup; like mascara, lipstick, eyeshadow, blush, concealer, and more. Penelope turned the seat I was sitting on to her direction and back to the mirror. She then began applying makeup to me. As she was applying the makeup, Penelope began asking me questions.

     "There's a rumor that you were hiding away in the human world, is that true? I only have read about the things that go on in the human world," Penelope asked. I answered, "I was living in Chicago for my entire life, I don't even know how I was placed in the human world."

     "Well there were rumors about your parents planning your journey to the human realm with a member of the Royal guard after the Waron attack sixteen years ago. Also what's Chicago?" said Penelope.

     "Warons? I've been hearing that name a lot and also, Chicago is a city in Illinois," I told Penelope.

     "Warons are the rival race here in Tywlyth. They're like the Amazons from Greek mythology. The Warons are a fierce and powerful race. Also what's Illinois?" Penelope answered.

"Illinois is a state in the United States of America. But why did they attack during the Choosing?"

"Because they wanted to kidnap you, so the royal government of Tylwyth would collapse. Also who's the United States of America?"

     "The United States of America is a country."

     "Oh okay! A royal guard will be escorting you to the dining room soon. Also remember to us the correct utensils, address people by their titles, and be polite!"

     I nodded, understanding Penelope's advice. Suddenly there was a knock on the door. Penelope opened the door, revealing a handsome young man. He was dressed in the same uniform as Lord Arphap, had pointy ears, and sky blue fairy wings. The man had tan skin, onyx eyes, and short very dark chestnut hair.

     "G-G-Good evening, Lord Kelly!" Penelope stuttered with a blush tinted on her usual colorless cheeks. I burrowed The man, Lord Kelly, bowed to Penelope and then chuckled, "Good evening to you too, Miss. Evergreen. I'm here to escort the princess. I hope I will get to see you at the ball."

     My face blanked at the mention of a ball. I can't dance! I have two left feet! Lord Kelly then bowed to me and said, "Good evening, princess. I'm Lord Rufus Kelly. A third star member of the royal guard. I'm here to escort you."

     "Ok, but call me Ella...I'm tired of the formalities..." I mumbled. The kind guard nodded, understanding my request. He then offered me his arm and I took it with hesitation. Lord Kelly then led me to the dining room, where the celebration would start at. I need to get home as soon as possible!