Chapter 20

We flew over to a village north of the one where Jericho and I battled. I felt a bit bad for destroying one of his gauntlets, but he got what he deserved for being a major douche. Cameron landed safely in a small patch of forest and Cassidy and I got off of Cameron. He then transformed back into his adorable fairy self.

"What village are we in?" I asked the twins in a very confused tone. The sun was being to set in the west.

"Pentref Mwynau! The village that's closest to Ogofâu Drysor! The last village we were in was Pentref Blodau!" Cassidy exclaimed happily. I smiled brightly with joy as we made our way to Pentref Mwynau. By the looks of it, this place was a mining village. Caves were all around the village. Lot of the fairies I saw were dressed in mining gear.

     "It's good to be back, isn't brother?" I heard Cassidy say happily to Cameron. I watched a scene unfold between the twins. Cameron rolled his eyes and then answered harshly, "For you sister, not for me. Have you forgot what happened?"

     "What do you- oh. I remember," Cassidy stated glumly. Something fishy was happening. Cameron's harsh tone and Cassidy's gloominess gave it away. I turned to the twins and then looked at them confusedly. In a curious tone, I asked, "Have you two been here before?"

     "Actually we ha- no we haven't," Cameron quickly interrupted Cassidy by covering his hand tightly. With annoyance, I placed my hands on my hips and glared at the fairy boy. He looked at me with guilty eyes. I then stated, "You will tell me the truth sooner or later! Whether you like to or not, Cameron!

     He was silent and removed his hand from Cassidy's mouth. I huffed with annoyance and began to walk through the village. The twins were trotting behind me as I looked at the merchant stands. A lot of them were selling food while some sold clothing. Other stands had weapons, gems, and potions. What really caught my eye was a stand that was selling gypsy-related things.

     "Good afternoon, little one! Interested in my shop?" asked a frail voice. I looked to see that the voice to a bony old lady dressed like a gypsy fortunate teller. She had long light gray hair in multiple braids and wired glasses were in front of lively baby blue eyes. Her wings were a soft shade of maroon and had pointy ears, like the other fairies.

"What do you sell here, ma'm?" I asked politely. She gave me a toothless grin and beckoned me over. I walked over to her and she snapped her fingers. We weren't in a merchant market, but inside a dark room lit by candle light. Confusing ancient symbols were craved all over the room.

"W-Where are we?" I shuttered with fear. The old gypsy chuckled to herself as the candles flickered with each chuckle. She then answered,"People call me Maureen. I'm here to read your future."

I looked at this Maureen skeptically. Then I shook my head with stupidity. I'm in a flipping fairy realm and I'm questioning this? My god, help me please. I looked at Maureen and asked, "How much for a reading?"

"We will discuss that later, but please sit in the star circle!" Maureen stated. A glowing blue circle with a star in the middle and surrounded by other strange symbols. I slowly sat down with caution. The circle began to flash as Maureen began to chant.

"Erutuf eht em wohs. Erutuf eht em wohs. Erutuf eht em wohs!" Maureen chanted. Her eyes were glowing green and I began to get nervous. Maureen then spoke, "Beware the decisions you make during your journey home. Beware the love you have created in certain ones. Beware of your destiny and fate."

Her eyes stopped glowing green and she slumped over. The circle stopped glowing also and I quickly got up to check on Maureen. Her eyes fluttered open and she slowly got up. Maureen then told me, "The reading is free, princess."

"How did you-" before I could finish my sentence, Maureen disappeared, along with her shop. I was then standing in front of nothing. The moon was shining brightly in the sky as the stars twinkled along with it. Suddenly I heard two voices call out to me, "There you are, Ella!"

I turned around to see the twins with food and clothes wrapped in linen. They must have finished buying supplies. The twins walked up to me and Cameron stated to me, "If we leave now, I will tell you the whole truth."

I nodded with a small smirk. Beckoning Cameron to hand me his linen-wrapped supplies, he dragged us away from the village and transformed into his bird form. Cassidy and I boarded him and he soared through the sky. A few minutes later, we landed in a patch of grassland. Then Cameron transformed back into his normal form.

"Before you tell me, let's make dinner," I told the twins. They nodded in agreement and we began preparing for dinner. Cassidy gathered up firewood and dumped it, making a small pile. Then Cameron transformed into a baby dragon and lit on fire. I got out a pot and a metal stand the twins brought and placed them above the fire. I then make tomato soup for the three of us. The tomato soup was poured into three wooden bowls. Cassidy then flew back with a jug full of water from a nearby river. She poured the water into three cups.

"Now you may tell me," I told Cameron as we began eating our dinner. He then looked at me sadly and ran a hand through his mess called hair. Cameron sighed in defeat and told me, "Fine I will tell you."