Chapter 12

A fairy boy entered the room with grace and sass. Rolling my eyes, I began to examine the boy. He had very tan skin, short black hair that covered his left eye, and his uncovered eye was a beautiful shade of honey brown. The boy had pointy ears, was a bit taller than me, probably at least two or three inches, and his wings were a lovely shade of cyan. He wore a brown and green suit with royal pins and symbols on it .

"A good evening to you all," the boy announced politely with a hint of authority. Everyone then said their good evenings to him. I stood next to the queen awkwardly, it seem like he didn't notice me. The boy then turned to Queen Lucinda with a smile and greeted, "Good evening Mother. Have you seen Faylinn?"

My eyes widen a bit. The fairy boy was Brenin, the heir to Tywlyth and my to be husband. I also noticed he was wearing a blue diamond necklace, like the baby I saw at my memory of the Choosing. Queen Lucinda then chuckled, "Good evening, Brenin sweetie. Faylinn is standing right next to me."

Brenin looked at me then back to his mom then to me then to his mom. He looked at the queen confusedly and asked, "THAT'S Faylinn?"

I glared at him while the queen nodded. Suddenly Brenin began to laugh. Queen Lucinda and I looked at him confusedly. Brenin then laughed, "You must be joking, Mother! That can't be Faylinn!"

"Brenin sweetie, that is Faylinn. I've seen through her memories," answered Queen Lucinda while Brenin continued to laugh. I silently growled with annoyance. Brenin then laughed, "Mother please stop! First, she doesn't have any wings or pointy ears. Second, she has no mannerisms of a princess, and finally, she looks like a peasant!"

That last comment tipped me over the edge. I stomped up to him and grabbed him by the collar. With rage in my eyes, I yelled at Brenin, "SHUT YOUR MOUTH, PRETTY BOY! AT LEAST I'M NOT A SPOILED ROTEEN DOUCHE BAG, LIKE YOU! I JUST WANT TO GO HOME!"

Everyone was silent and Queen Lucinda turned pale. I looked at her and she told me with fear, "Faylinn...look what you're doing," before she went silent, like the others. I looked at Brenin and realized he was off the ground and slightly choking. My eyes widen in shock. Even though, he was bigger than me, I picked him with ease. I dropped Brenin and stormed out of the room with a red face and tears. I just want to go home.

(Sorry for the short chapter! Also congrats to NovelNerd101 for winning the contest! She created Liberty Gray! Hope you all are enjoying the story! XOXOXO Brid)