Chapter 26

I stared at the Queen of Flames in shock as emotions overcame me. Anger. Pain. Confusion. Denial. Shock. She looked at me confusedly and asked, "You look like you've seen a ghost."

     "I have," I mumbled under my breath. Luckily the Waron leader didn't hear that an was focused on the twins and H. She asked H, "Why are these pure ones traveling to Maes Tywod, Private? Peaceful reasons, correct Private?"

"Actually they didn't tell me why," she answered honestly. I then piped up, "We're heading to Maes Tywod in order to retrieve some time glass! Back in our village, our family makes portal mirrors!"

Half true, half false. The Queen of Flames seemed to buy it, as she nodded in response. She then stated, "Well then! For your safety, I will guide you all to Maes Tywod with the help of this private of mine!"

     The three of us nodded in agreement, even though we all were nervous. The leader of a killer race was standing in front of us. The one who killed, enslaved, and injured hundreds of fairy men. The one who killed my friend's lover. The one who sliced my father's arm clean off.

     "Ella? Ella? Ella, are you okay?" Cassidy asked me in a worried tone. Black spots began to cloud my vision as their voice started sound muffled. The last thing I saw before fainting was my friends and H panicking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     "I apologize for making you faint, but I really need to communicate!" exclaimed a voice. I looked around to see the gypsy lady Maureen standing in front of me. Her clothes were like one of a nun, but green and brown instead of the typical black. Upon her head, was a tall hat that was similar to the Pope's hat, but it was made out brown and green fabric. This was very confusing.

     "Listen to what the Waron leader says carefully. It will be helpful for the time of fated destruction," Maureen told me. That made me even more confused. Fated destruction? What was this woman talking about?! I need some answers!

     "You will be wake up in three," Maureen began to count down.

     "Two," she continued.

     "One," added Maureen.

     "Zero," she finished. Darkness swirled around me and it lifted me up from the ground. Suddenly all I saw was a black abyss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     "She's waking up!" I heard a voice exclaim with joy. My eyes slowly fluttered open to see the twins, H, and the Waron Queen looking down on me. I then realized that I was laying down on the forest floor.

     "W-What happened?" I asked sleepily.

      "You passed out from dehydration...Ella?" the Waron leader then stated, questioning if she got my name right. I nodded and answered, "My name's Ella."

     She cracked a small smile and then handed me a small jug of water. I chugged the whole thing, feeling thirsty for no reason. Once finished, I let a blissful sigh and thanked the Queen of Flames. She replied back, "You're welcome, Ella."

     "By the way, we're standing at the entrance of Maes Tywod!" Cassidy exclaimed happily. I smiled at her and in the corner of my eye, I swore I saw H and Cameron arguing silently about something. Deciding to brush it off as just my imagination, I slowly got up from the ground with the help of Cassidy.

     "Before we go our separate ways, I have a question for you...the leader of the Warons. Please don't kill me for asking it," I told the queen of flames. She ran a hand through her short hair and asked, "What's the question of yours?"

      "Why did you form the Warons?" I asked with a hint of anxiety. She was silent and Cassidy looked like she was about to get murdered. H and Cameron came onto the scene, both confused about what was going on.

      "Because of abuse and mistreatment by you pure ones," hissed the Waron leader. She then grabbed H by the back of her uniform and whispered something to her. H looked at us sadly and mouthed, "Goodbye for now," before she and the leader flew off. I glanced at the twins, who were ghostly pale from fear.

      "Let's get going," I told them. They nodded back in response, still stunned from what had just happened. The twins and I then entered Maes Tywod.