Chapter 8

"Wait what?!" I yelled in a shush tone, trying not to make a scene. Finnick was still bowing while Cassidy, Hans, and Cameron were confused. Then Cameron asked frantically, "But she doesn't have wings, couldn't she be a halfling, Mother?!"

     "Cameron, she has Faylinn's aura and an albumrubrum necklace, the gemstone of the Tywlyth royal family!" Finnick exclaimed, pointing to my necklace I was confused, what about my pink diamond necklace? Cassidy then whispered to me, "Our mother's fairy gift is seeing other beings' auras."

     "Now that you mentioned it, that metal does look like albumrubrum..." Hans mumbled. He then handed Sarah Ann to Cameron and walked up to me. Hans grasped my necklace's diamond and held onto it for a while. A few seconds later, he let go of it and stated, "That is definitely albumrubrum."

     "See! Faylinn must be brought to Castell Brenhinol!" Finnick exclaimed, her wings twitching with excitement. I nervously laughed at him and said, "I'm sorry to brake it to you, Mrs. Woodley, but I'm not Faylinn. I'm Ella Lancaster, a normal high school student."

     "Father, what's high school?" I heard Cassidy and Cameron whisper to Hans. I then heard him whisper back, "I have no clue, I have never been to the human world, so I don't know their terminology."

     "Yes, you ARE Faylinn. You have her exact aura and I know what her aura is since I was at the Choosing," stated Finnick. Man, she was a stubborn one. I silently growled in annoyance and suddenly there was a knock on the wooden door of the Woodley's cottage. Cassidy opened the door and a tall bulgy man with blonde facial and normal hair with baby blue eyes. He was dressed in a green and brown guard uniform with pieces of bronze armor over his outfit. His wings were a plain copper color and had pointy ears, like the rest of the fairies.

     "Good afternoon, the Woodley clan," greeted the man. Everyone, but me, bowed with respect. The guard looked at me and asked Hans, "Am I interrupting something? It seems you all have a guest."

"No, no, not at all!" Actually, I, Finnick Woodley, have found Brenin's lost betrothed!" Finnick exclaimed with joy. Okay, this lady was officially nuts. The guard's eyes widen and asked in a shush tone, "Where? Where is she?"

"She's right here!" Finnick stated loudly, pointing to me. The guard examined me and suddenly bursted out laughing. With tears in his eyes, the guard laughed, "Mrs. Woodley, that can't be Princess Faylinn! This girl must be a halfling of some sort!"

"No, she is! She has Faylinn's aura!" Finnick yelled, defending his belief that I was Faylinn. That immediately shut up the guard. He looked at Finnick and Finnick then asked with a smirk, "Do you believe me now, Lord Arhap?"

"And to think, I only came here to collect my coins," the guard, Lord Arphap, mumbled to himself. He then turned to me and bowed gracefully, as I stood there awkwardly. Lord Arphap said to me, "Princess, I must bring you to Queen Lucinda and Prince Brenin this instant."

Finally I had enough, this had gone too far. Slamming my fist against the table, I screamed, "I'M NOT SOME PRINCESS OF A FAIRY REALM! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU PEOPLE THAT I AM A HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT FROM CHICAGO WHO HAS NO IDEA HOW I GOT HERE?! I JUST WANT TO GO HOME!!!!!"

Silence fell upon the room, the only sound came from the wailing of Sarah Ann. Cameron and Cassidy started at me dumbfounded while Hans, Finnick, and Lord Arphap were in shock. A few moment later, Hans whispered to me, "Look at the table."

     I slowly turned around to face the table. I gasped in shock at what I saw. The table, once perfectly built, was in shambles. Lord Arphap then stated with shock, "The only fairy in all of Tywlyth that has the gift of powerful strength is Faylinn. You are definitely Faylinn."

     I glared at the knight and he sighed. Lord Arphap walked up to me and mumbled, "Oh Great Tree, please don't let me get torture by the Queen for this," before grabbing my hands. With angry and frustration, I kicked the knight in his royal jewels. Lord Arphap howled in pain as he dropped to his knee. Cassidy, Cameron, and Hans gasped in disbelief and shock. Finnick then whispered, "I apologize in advance for this, Princess Faylinn."

     "I'M NOT-" my sentence was interrupted by a golden mist forming around me. I suddenly realized that it was Finnick making the mist. I began to feel dizzy, light-headed, and nauseous as the mist formed heavier and heavier layers around me. Cassidy's and Cameron's pleads and screams for their mother to stop could be heard from miles away. Suddenly black spots clouded my vision and I collapsed unconsciously.