Chapter 7

"We're here!" Cassidy exclaimed with joy. In front of us, was a huge village and in the distance, was the castle from before. We then walked into the village. Fairies of all ages and sizes were wandering around, doing their daily things. I suddenly noticed many of the fairies were giving me strange looks.

     "Why is everyone giving me weird looks?" I whispered to Cameron and Cassidy. Cameron then whispered back, "Well, first because you don't have any wings and second, you look like Brenin's lost betrothed."

     "First of all, who's Brenin? And second, who's his lost betrothed?" I asked, slightly annoyed. Cassidy silently gasped and whispered-shouted back, "Brenin is the handsomest fairy man in all of Tywlyth! He's also the heir to the throne and Queen Lucinda's only child!"

     "Brenin's lost betrothed is Faylinn Gollwyd. She disappeared sixteen years ago after the Great Tree announced that she would be the next queen," Cameron explained to me. I then asked, "Who's the Great Tree?"

    "The Great Tree is the largest tree in all of Tylwyth! It contains all the spirits of deceased fairies from the beginning to right now! That makes it the wisest being in all of Tywlyth with the power of prophecy!" Cassidy explained cheerfully. Suddenly Cassidy and Cameron stopped in their tracks, causing me to stop too. They stopped in front of a small stone cottage. Cassidy grabbed my hand and we all entered the cottage. The room we entered was a kitchen-dining room area.

"Cassidy? Cameron? Is that you two?" yelled a masculine yet fatherly voice from another room. A few seconds later, a man with similar features and wings as Cassidy entered the room with a baby in his arms. His hair was blonde and his eye color was gray as the moon. The man's wings were pale as moonlight, along with pointy ears. He wore a cotton dress shirt and cotton pants. Cassidy then piped up, "Hello Father! Is Mother home too? Or is she still at the mines?"

I smiled softly, a working mom and a stay at home dad that was new. Suddenly the man Cassidy called, "Father," then asked, "Who is your friend?"

"That's...exactly you never told us your name," stated Cameron. I blushed bright red with embarrassment and told him my name. He nodded and turned back to his dad. Cameron then said, "This is Ella. We found her in the Great Forest while we were looking for trinkets. What's weird about her is that Ella doesn't have wings and looks human."

"It's nice to meet you, Ella! I'm Hans Woodley, Cassidy's and Cameron's father! I haven't seen you around these parts!" said their father, Hans. Suddenly the baby start to wail and Hans whispered sweet nothings to the baby. A few seconds later, the baby quiet down. Hans softly chuckled and whispered, "I'm sorry about Sarah Ann. She's just getting over being sick."

"Oh it's ok," I chuckled. Hans smiled at me. He then laughed and pat my head. Cassidy and Cameron sighed in unison. Suddenly a woman in mining clothes with similar features and wings as Cameron entered the cottage. Her hair was black, her skin was chocolate colored, and her eyes were an onyx color, along with pointy ears. The woman's wings were raven black. Sh looked confusedly at me and asked Hans, "Sweetheart, who's our guest over here?"

"Oh, Finnick! Her name is Ella! She just appeared in the Great Forest!" Hans exclaimed cheerfully. Now I see where Cassidy gets her cheerfulness from. The woman, Finnick, carefully looked at me, like he was examining me. Finnick turned to Cassidy, Cameron, and Hans before saying, "Her name isn't Ella."

"Mother, of course her name is Ella. That's why she told us," Cameron stated, a hint of worry in his tone. Finnick suddenly bowed in front of us. My eyes widen in confusion. She then announced loudly, "Thank the Great Tree, our lost queen has return!"