41. Imagine Chanyeol

'My love is a jinx'

I was playing with the blue straw, sipping my mint frappe, while following the story.. It was an intense moment, that I’ve been waiting for … like.. 2 days now.. The main character was about to discover the secret behind his birth..

Only few pages and everything was to be revealed.. I kept reading with big eyes, breathing slowly, praying that this time he’ll be successful.. I was so distracted, that I didn’t even notice the guy who sat on the chair in front of me.

I could feel a presence.. two eyes that were checking me up.. Was I imagine things?? There were lots of people in the coffee shop anyway.. Didn’t want to stop reading..

The boy got up and came closer to me to take a better look.. Since he couldn’t see much, he just grabbed the book from my hands..

Me: “Yah!”

Boy: “Oh… isn’t this the book in which the main character is the son of the old man that was killed in the woods by the vampire?”

Me, expressionless: “Well…. Thank you!”

The boy, proud of himself: “Yes, this is the one! Great book, trust me!”

Me: “Since I know the ending already.. there’s no need to keep reading..”

The boy made big eyes, giving me an innocent glare.. Then he got all red and ran his fingers through his hair, stuttering..

Boy: “I didn’t.. I mean.. sorry.. I .. too excited.. and..”

Me: “Never mind.. can I have my book back?”

Boy: “Sure.. ”

He got back to his place, drinking his coffee.. Because of the rush, he didn’t notice the coffee was too hot so he spilled the liquid all over the table and on the floor.. I had my mp3 player near, so the coffee got on it..

I gave him a death glare and checked up if the device was still working.. Guess what? Dead… I just couldn’t believe this.. Was this my ‘lucky’ day?? I took my bag and stood up.. I head off to the exit, blaming the guy from ruining my day..

I was outside looking for a taxi, when it started raining.. Nothing unsual since it was the middle of October.. Still.. Didn’t bring my umbrella.. Never to trust those weather news again.. I took a few steps, turning right, holding my bag above my head..

I heard someone running behind me and then a small hand was resting on my shoulder.. I’ve turned around and saw the boy with big eyes, trying to calm down his breath.. I asked him what was the matter..

Boy: “I am really sorry for the player.. Can I buy you another?”

Me: “It’s ok.. Excuse me please..”

I just had to get away from him.. Felt like a jinx.. Indeed.. I wasn’t wrong.. In the next seconds I was facing the grey sky.. When did that stupid post get in the way?? Actually he he, stupid me.. it has always been there.. My fault for not looking..

The boy offered me his hand.. I grabbed it and stood up.. I felt a little dizzy.. Damn.. my whole body hurt.. what a fall..

Boy: “God.. are you ok?”

Me: “What???”

Boy: “Your nose…”

Me: “What’s with my nose??”

He took out a tissue paper and wiped my nose.. Great.. Now I was bleeding.. Ok.. I need some pills.. And ice.. My head was burning…

Boy: “We should go to a doctor..”