100. Imagine Luhan (with Tao)

"An innocent love... a pale moonlight"

While walking this silent path, will I get to see you one more time? What if the clouds won’t let us reunite? What if the moonlight will be too weak? Will you get back to me? Could we hold hands again? Walk with me… please…

Remember that night? Nature was singing its lullaby while your shy eyes met mine. Who could ever erase that from our hearts? There I was, looking for an escape,for a reason to move on. Or maybe, it was meant… maybe I had to be there… because you were there as well…

I don’t know why I felt the need to keep looking at that house. It wasn’t actually the right moment, but I just had to. My cousin was still trying to fix the problem, even though it was already night time. We had to move on, but the car won’t start, so he was getting quite nervous.

Me: “Tao, listen, this house…”

Tao: “Beautiful, isn’t it? A lot of people want it, but no one actually managed to buy it.”

Me: “Why not? Is it too expensive?”

Tao: “Um, not really. It’s just that every person will end up refusing, after visiting it… Not quite sure why, but some say it’s haunted…”

Me: “Haunted? Interesting… doesn’t seem like one… it looks pretty well maintained… not a proper place for a ghost to live its eternity…”

Tao: “Aish, don’t start with your imagination now. Ah, done! Let’s go!”

He patted my shoulder then head off to the door, getting inside the car. I was about to turn around, when the moonlight revealed itself from a coat of grey restless clouds.

Such an innocent sad look, scared yet curious heart. We both must have felt it. The cold was slowly touching our bodies, making us tremble. No blinking… no breathing… just you and me… and a pale moonlight…

“YAH! Are you coming?”

I turned to tell my cousin, but then… nothing was there… was I just imaging things? I took my backpack and joined my cousin, who probably thought I was too tired since I’ve started seeing people around here at such an hour.

Minutes later, we were already inside my cousin’s house, greeting my aunt, before taking my luggage in the room they’ve prepared for me. I wouldn’t really mind the place, as long I could continue writing my story.

But who would think at that now? How to forget that illusion? How to handle this pain in my chest? How to breathe again?

*

The next day I went out for a walk, trying to find a string and pull it, so that the new chapter could be written. Lately, nothing really helped me. Seemed like this time, I won’t be able to see what the characters will do.

I was wondering why did they hide from me, when all I wanted was to follow them in this journey of feelings and unspoken desires. What was missing? Why couldn’t I touch that gate and open it? Why was it so hard to find a new path?

White always scared me… too pure.. too mysterious.. yet so mesmerizing… not even the sun could shine brighter... I might have made a mistake… it could actually be the perfect place to drag your sorrow and seal it inside…

Quite a mansion this was… probably a lot of rooms also painted in white, with old furniture and inhospitable atmosphere, maybe even few photos scattered here and there, telling what human mind might have already forgotten..

The front door was closed so I took the left way, walking slowly, wondering whether I’ll see those eyes again or not. Silky garnet red curtain dancing in the air gave me a hint that the entrance was found.