52. Imagine Chen - Happy Birthday to him!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR SWEET TROLL! WE LOVE YOU VERY MUCH! GOD BLESS YOU! (13/09/21)

______________________

There’s always this one question inside your heart, that keeps popping out whenever you’re trying to revive some of the most memorable moments of your existence: Why me?

I don’t find a right answer for that either… because.. this is how the world gets on and on.. If we’ll be able to discover this one particular thing, were would the fun be?

Nothing amazes me more than a beautiful warm evening in late autumn, when leaves color themselves with shades of joy and sorrow, parting for their final journey, before resting forever in the quiet soul of the ground..

The wind will keep up with its sad ballad, mesmerizing the trees, which will slowly let itselves lose control and join the play, lazily.. The sun will continue its daily fall to embrace the cold water, leaving its purple light engraved in the soft greyish clouds..

And this lonely soul of mine would forever be a witness to the entire moment, while gazing beyond it, getting inside my thoughts, wondering, crying, smiling …

Whether my day was good or not, everything seemed to vanish slowly, whenever I came here, where I had my own little heaven.. I was watching the pokily moves of wings of little white gulls scratching the sky gently, heading to nowhere..

Here I was again, recharging myself with a moment of silent joy, before returning home.. Everything was perfect, except.. he wasn’t near.. I wondered why this time I came first.. Usually I’d find him sitting on the other bench, looking at the lake..

I went to sit on my bench, taking out my diary.. I just had to write a few thoughts as usual.. I didn’t notice him walking slowly, while sipping his tea.. Everytime he would buy a cup of tea from the Little Hut, before heading to the park..

I’ve finished writing and put the diary back in my bag.. I looked at the sky, smiling at those cute pinkish little clouds, before turning to my left.. I just felt so happy, when seeing him.. Finally he was here..

We didn’t know each other, yet we knew everything about one another. It was that kind of bond that doesn’t need words to get strong. We just have to be close and then the story can continue..Our story..

I saw him standing up and glancing one last time at the lake, before taking a leave.. He started walking slowly, buttoning up his sweater..

He turned his head, giving me his sweet smile that would make his cheekbones even more proeminent, giving his face a beautiful innocent glow.. Then he would slowly fade in the dark, while I’ll head to the other side, going home..

I just wanted to see him once more, as if it could have been the last time, so I’ve turned, finding him standing in the middle of the alley, while looking for me.. Once again, our hearts felt the same..

I smiled and while passing by his bench, I’ve noticed a brown notebook. He must have forgotten it.. I took it and ran to give it back to him, but I couldn’t find him anywhere, as if he were nothing more than just an illusion..

*

In the next day I’ve been waiting for him to come to the usual place and give him the notebook.. But, for the first time in a year, he didn’t show up.. Neither did he in the other days.. I was feeling quite nervous, not seeing him for so long..

I was wondering if anything happened.. I couldn’t concentrate anymore on my life, knowing that he might be having a hard time, or even.. Well.. how far can a worried heart go with the thoughts? So far, that it will actually start to hurt you…