17

Daya's POV
Alright now we leave for this spontaneous date. I hop into his car and buckle my seatbelt. I look at Max and he looks super nervous. Like really nervous. "Hey babe?" He looks at me

"What?" He just looks at me.

"Why are you so nervous?" I ask him

"I'm not." Liar! I just roll my eyes.

"So where are we going?" I ask him another question.

"The park." He tells me looking at the road.

"Oh." I say. Things get silent. I reach over and grab his hand to comfort him and he just holds my hand tight. We arrive at the park and we get out of his car. "So now what?" I ask yet another question.

"Wait." He says. He grabs my hand and we walk. We keep walking and walking.  We reach this beautiful gazebo and it's got rose bushes all around it. We walk up the gazebo and we stand there looking at each other.

This may be weird to some, but I love looking at him. His beautiful ginger hair, and his brown eyes. Everything about him is perfect. He takes in a deep breath and exhales.

"Daya, you've been such an amazing person and girlfriend. I love the way you stick up for the people you care about and when you get mad you are so easy to forgive. When I first saw you ,when you scared the shit out of me, I knew that I would love you forever." He takes my hands in his. "You are so loving and caring and I couldn't be more grateful to have you as mine. I lost you about a year ago today and I hated myself everyday for not fighting for you. When I moved back to Louisiana, I thought about you everyday and night. You are the love of my life and I wouldn't have any other way. We've been through some rough patches but in the end we smoothed everything out. I'm so happy and you can make me even more happier if " He gets down on one knee. Omg omg this can't be happening right now. "You Daya Simmons marry me? So will you?"

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" I bend down and tackle him in a hug. We stand up and he puts my engagement ring on. It's so pretty and unique.

"I love you Daya." He looks at me.

"I love you too Maxine!" I kiss him.