Chapter 4: Pure Shock!

It's not Can. It's not what I need. It's just a stranger who wanted to make me better. When I turned around to face her, I saw nothing but felt disappointment.

"Sorry, I just wanted to come over. Are you alone?" She murmured, looking over at the name. I couldn't sleep because no words now are useful.

"It's cold out here, come with me to my car. Your hands are so cold." She helped me stand and I followed her silently to the car, wiping my tears and fixing my bun.

"I'm sorry." I managed to say, but it came so low.

"What?" She asked and I repeated.

"It's fine. Your husband?" She asked and I joined my eyebrows in question, she then pointed to the grave behind me.

"No. No." I shook my head.

"Okay." She thankfully didn't ask many questions. She kindly just made me relax and dropped me home. Well, it's not. Persy's. I know it's too early but her baby doesn't sleep either. As a check, I heard her baby, Kim crying so I didn't hesitate to ring the bell.

"Wait." She shouted to exceed Kim's sound.

"Alaria."

"Give me the baby.. God." My hands wrapped around the baby and she immediately stopped wailing.

"Take her. I don't mind, she stays quiet with you." She laughed. By that, we all understand that Persy is in the mood.

"Where is Nick?"

"He left five minutes ago. He asked about you, I promise."

"I have missed him too."

"I do miss him when he leaves for days to work." She frowned. To make her better, and as I had no intentions of talking about my burdens, I started advising her.

"I'm thankful and blessed for having you, you know that." She whispered and I rolled my eyes, just to make her stop the classic romance, which annoys me now. I don't know why. Baby Kim was still in my arms, but they were numb because of her weight. She's only one, but proudly, she isn't that skinny. I adore chubby babies.

"I imagine us in five years from now," Persy mentioned with a smile.

"Firstly, you would have a baby boy and baby Kim will be younger.... Ohh, wait, older." I burst into laughter at the great mind makeup. Persy already started tearing up from laughing as she saw my face expression when I said 'Ohh'.

"And, this baby girl will lead the way after Kim, she will follow all her gestures, she will drive you crazy just like Kim now." My hands were placed on her tummy as there is no bump still.

"You might be with someone else and happier." Persy's eyes shifted from happy and pleased to sad. Her frown grew to make it obvious that Kam had told her.

"Sorry." I forced that weird sad-satisfied smile.

"Don't be sorry. I'm the one sorry..... I'm sorry for him not for you, he lost you. He lost the light in his life, he lost your smile." She brought both her hands to my cheeks and forced me to smile broadly.

"He made me lose my smile not to him, to everyone." I smiled like she wanted.

"Look,..."

"It's not a big deal really." I really in the moment don't care, it has been the subject for like two days. We discussed everything happening for a while and the whole bits of advice and all are repeated as per usual and I had to smile and cheer up at every point.

"I know you hate being told what to do." She smiled and moved to the washing room and turned the lights on. She threw a cushion in there after spilling coffee on it and I followed her back to the kitchen and then to the living room after grabbing her mug.