Chapter 25: Engagement Party!

It was Can and his dad, Mert standing in front of him. He looked different, his look was different, innocent maybe. Can grinned like he was assuring me that it's okay.

"Come in, please." My voice was a bit shaky as I spoke. They both entered and passed to the living while I hugged Can.

"It's a good day." He whispered in my ears and this made it one.

"What would you like to drink?" I looked at both of them, his dad sitting and Can playing my hair.

"I could do with American." Can suggested and his dad nodded. I realize that I looked so ugly in my house wear, so I went to my room and changed by a blink of an eye to black skinny jeans and sleeveless orange peplum shirt. The coffee was over when I was done, so I took it to them as they were chatting about work I'm guessing.

"Why did you change?" Can whispered as I sat next to him.

"Did you see what I was wearing? I was sweaty even."

"Well, I'm finding another girl." Can joked and I swatted his arm to prove the result of this! I cleared my throat and smiled at his dad.

"I came here today because my son told me something that he might not be aware of, but he is taking his life decision of getting married to someone he knew for the least time ever."

"Agreed, Mr. Mert, but Can also has the ability to choose if he wants this or not. Your mistakes done before were because you feared your son's good and this makes me happier to know that my soon-to-be-husband is loved by his family. It was offensive to him before it was for me. And, I also agree to the point of it being a very short period that we've known each other, but I can assure you that I've never been any more certain about anything more than this." I straightened up and said the words out.

"Can you tell me one thing that will assure me you're the one for my son?" He minimized his eyes like he was challenging me.

"Dad." Can spoke between his teeth, but I held his hand to stop him.

"If I wasn't the one for your son, I wouldn't have reached this far with him. I wouldn't be trying to fix a damage with someone who insulted me in every way." I know it was wrong to say that, but this was the only answer I could give.

"Can we get the axes down for a second?" Can said and I sighed, taking it in.

"Excuse me." I rose up and left the room directly without looking back. The moment I entered my room, I stared at myself in the mirror. Breathe. I looked at the foreign girl in front of me, she looked scared, afraid and darkness was covering her eyes. I became a stranger to this girl, her attitudes, who she is, her looks and the way she looked brighter than before.

"Al." Can said as he opened the door.

"I needed a moment, sorry."

"Dad left." He stated and I breathed like had never breathed in ever.

"And you?" My expressions were serious, but I was kidding.

"Going home." He pulled me in the most ungentle way and kissed the side of my forehead.

"Can you stop calling me home? Because it sounds weird."

"Does it? I thought I was going on romantic or something."

"Don't think about it even." I cracked up in laughter at the point of romance. This concept has changed a lot in the past days, I don't see me and Can goals or romantic but I see us good together.

"I wanted to tell you something, but don't be panicky all over again."

"Sure, I'm chill today." I smiled and placed my hand on his chest for support.