Chapter 23: A Normal Day.

"I can explain this mess." I tried to take things chill when I saw Evan's horrified expressions.

"I'll explain it, Alaria. It's fine." Evan cleared his throat, looking like he was slapped in the face.

"You really were engaged to Evan? I thought you guys hated each other for some reaso... Ughhh! Of course, you'll hate each other for this. How d..."

"Nat, if you speak another word, I'll burst into you." My heart was filled fear. I know it wasn't my fault or that I did something wrong to Evan, but something was startling me every passing second. I held Can's hand tightly and kept moving uncomfortably in my place.

"Your hands are cold. What happened with you guys?"

"Nothing, sweetness really." Don't lie to him. Something inside me spoke.

"Sweetness, a few moments ago..." His hands fitted my waist and his lips touched mine for a second. It was like I'm with you and I believed it for once in my life.

"Fiyam found out about Evan and I being engaged before.... It's a disaster as you know, they are getting engaged. It's like I ruined everything by spelling it out to Natalia and she heard me."

"Hmm... We've got a situation here." I frowned trying to recover.

"Alaria, it's okay. It wasn't your fault and I know you well enough to know that this hurts you to even talk about." As he spoke, I nodded to each word. Thinking of it hurts me.

"Mind giving me space?" I attempted to pull away from his chest but failed in every way. My groan made him aware, so he stepped away. Mert was next to me mocking the hell of me for drinking juice in a bar. He's not the first and never the last. Can got himself orange juice I'm guessing as I was talking to Natalia and explaining what happened to her. She was attentive for once and serious, this was until my phone rang and it was Yusuf calling. Can handed me the phone as he kept it in his pocket from earlier. He didn't look at me even, it's irritating I admit it, but Yusuf is important to me and my career. He had just called to inform me that he researched a company for me, textile company. The moment I walked back in, the guys looked at me in surprise. What?

"What?" I sang along to 'Focus' as it was playing in the background.

"Congratulations!" Ali first said and I grinned, hugging him. Kahaan, Mert, and Fiyam hugged me as well, but I kept the distance from Evan for that moment. Fiyam was totally fine with me and she was talking to Ali normally like nothing just happened. I feel like this has passed successfully without any disasters.

"Alaria." Can sighed and held my hand to get my attention.

"Yes." My grin was broad as Natalia was explaining how I pranked her and Kamlyn.

"Can we decide the wedding date?" My heart was jumping in just a second that has passed.

"It's e-early still, I think."

"Do you? I guess you need to think thoroughly about this...." I rolled my eyes and opened my mouth to speak but he interrupted.

"Alaria, I was serious when I said I want to marry you. I never wanted something like this in a way where I could give my life for that to happen."

"I know, I feel the same." The heat he formed in my body, made my heart melt.

"Then, let's just do it. What about... Ummm... Next month?" Natalia gasped like she was reflecting my reaction that I couldn't express. I looked into his blue eyes in the almost dark place and found a serious look waring his face.

"Next month then." I smiled, trying to sound neutral but my face was too happy! Before Can could get any closer to me, Natalia jumped to my arms and kissed my cheeks, surely leaving lipstick marks on my face.