Chapter 40: Epilogue.

There came the day. I woke up with my heart beating out of my skin. I wore my robe and brushed my teeth after I showered. Then, I had breakfast with mom. She's life. I cannot be any happier.

          My heart was dropping every time I thought of it. Having this moment makes me feel like... I sound typical. Think about it. Love is just as Kahaan explained it, love is a baby that we bring up and today was the day, this love had grown from a baby to an adult that will die. I remembered every moment when I stood there in his engagement walking before Daria on those stairs and thinking that this love has ended and died. Meeting him on that table with Melek after three months, he was just another stranger who I loved from the bottom of my heart. When he surprised me with the apartment, he brought home to me. The breakdown when I went and he confessed that he loved me more than a friend in the hotel room, god, why did I wear the most kiddish pajamas. Our first dinner with them when I only knew that he was Can, engaged to Daria and who had the fanciest cars ever. Him coming to the USA just to be there with me, then he fought and I also thought of hating him but I couldn't. The proposal just by the ocean that blew my heart how much it was important for us to express love. His hug to me when I first talked about my family, it was surreal. The first days we met when he approached me suddenly and my heart heated. Our unintentional matching of navy blue outfits in his house, it was cute! This is when I love and hate him, guys. This moment was now united to become a moment of two only.

         I was zoning out the whole day thinking partially about these moments, till it reached the moment. The dress was on just perfect, my hair was up in the perfect messy bun, my nails were the neatest I have ever been and the winds blew the days when it came to this day. A splash of feeling has passed as I saw him, was it a dream? My heart dropped. I was about to faint from the no food situation or the moment itself. Nothing on earth counts on this, nothing can compare with this. Why wasn't my graduation as perfect? Why did I have to wait so long for this? And, why did I try to give up on this or hesitate? 

'I announce you as husband and wife', hearing this in Turkish made me believe that everything was going to be okay after today. I was now Ms. Derinoglu. I was his wife. For everyone looking, we seemed like two people getting married but for me, it was a history putting a period on the line and starting a new line. We danced like crazy, like there was no tomorrow as they say like there was only me on this earth. I was brought to memories in my kitchen in the USA as I cooked, then to the club nights with Malik and Jenny and then to every color on earth. I stopped for a while and held the mic by the stage. Can turned and smiled, he mouthed me 'what?' I just smiled back and spoke up when the crowd turned to me and the music stopped.  

"Just months from now, only seven months ago, I had the worst life ever. I cannot explain how lonely I was. I hated my whole life. Although I had the best person and believe me without him I wouldn't have survived till today, I wouldn't have been here today so I would be a total piece of shit. Malik was my best friend, my leader, my always by my side, my brother and someone who'll always have a special place in my heart. God, saying this without crying is impossible. One day, out of nowhere, I got a knock on the door and little did I know that this will be my last hope, he... died. The person I last hugged and told him, see you soon my brother was dead. I was told, 'We lost Malik', but I lost my lead way. I cannot explain how painful it is not to have him share this moment. I'm sorry for making this long. But, then, I got letters to give and one of them was to 'him'. I traveled distances just to give 'him' this letter. And, the 'him' turned out to become someone who I forgot distances when I looked at. He was my lead way. He made me experience another life! Love, the world of love is broad, endless, painful, breaking, yet it leads to two ways: death or family. Who would have guessed that this all will be lived so soon? With you, I have learned my new hometown, I have learned a completely new language, I have learned a completely new world, I have lived the words in books, I have learned new feelings. To a life we'll live together, I love you from the bottom of what my heart can give. To the nights we'll sleep together and the morning we'll wake up together, I want you to make me live every moment with the love of yours. To the fights and arguments we'll have, may my breath be lost before yours so I won't die twice. The Past, present, and future, Alaria."

The end.