C13. Competitors

The main female protagonist of the story was finally home after a long day at the shopping district. She went straight to her room so that she could change into more comfortable clothes to wear; a simple red shirt and her favorite grey sweatpants.

"Mistress Ayano!" The familiar voice of a maid came from the other side of the door.

Ayano opens the door and see's the maid that was always fetching her ever since she came back to her house, "You know, I've seen you everyday ever since I came here three days ago, and I still haven't gotten your name," the brunette laughs in the end.

The maid was surprised by Ayano's sudden attitude, she wasn't really like this with the other maids. "I-It's Krista, mistress!" The blonde maid squeaked, which made Ayano smile more.

"So, Krista? What were you going to tell me?"

Krista clears her throat, "Master Koutarou and Mistress Aiko, your parents, are asking for you at the meeting room in five minutes."

"Alright then. I'll be going right now, let's go," the younger female instructed as they began walking, silence enveloping their atmosphere as Krista led Ayano towards the particular room she was told to.

Upon arriving at the medium sized room, Ayano was greeted by both her parents and an uncomfortable silence with them.

"Mother, Father, good evening," she courtesies, like what she was taught in school and at her very own home.

"Ayano, dear," Aiko, her Mother, starts with a frown that went unnoticed from said daughter.

Koutarou sighs, "The Mozuya chain, the one that we've been helping for several years now, it's sales have been lowered. Is there anything you haven't told us about?" He confronted with his arms crossed.

"Father, about that Mozuya chain you're talking about..." Gulping, Ayano nervously chose her words. "I, along with some partners, made a dish much more better than Mozuya, and probably stole their customers. I know it isn't acceptable behavior, and I am prepared to accept my consequence..." Ayano ended with a low sigh, a frown in her face while she lowered her head.

Aiko held Ayano's cheek delicately, as if the slightest bit of sudden actions would break her completely. The woman smiled, "We're far from furious, my dearest Ayano. We're very proud of you; for standing up and showing them how it's done."

"What?"

Koutarou chuckles, until it turned into a short laughing fit.

"Koutarou, stop laughing! It's embarrassing your daughter over here!" Aiko scolds her husband, raising her hand to prove her point.

Her husband forces himself to stop laughing and approached his daughter, patting her head and said, "Aiko and I are really proud of you. It's only been two months and you've already grown."

Ayano smiled widely at her parents that she felt a bit of pain in her cheeks within seconds, "I guess you guys did really made the best of choices for me."

And they stood there, hugging each other happily while saying whatever pops into their minds.

Two Weeks Later

"Mom, Dad," The eldest daughter of the family laughed, hugging both of them individually. "I'll only be there for a week to catch up with some of my classmates because Ikumi said that she was going to show me a dish. And as one of the people who saved their society, then I'll have to accept. Plus, we're going on that trip to Italy, right?"

Aiko, being the emotional woman she is, cried more and nodded her head in response. Koutarou was more stable than her for the time being, "Of course, Ayano. We'll be seeing each other when you come back. And congratulate Ikumi for defeating Mozuya for me."