Chapter I

Hello cupcakes!

iGot7/Ahgase  

So here's chapter one. I hope you'll like it.

Forgive me if there'll be slight grammatical errors. :)

Start

What am I gonna do with my life now?

I asked myself as I wipe every tear that falls from my eyes. I'm still here where my mom is buried. The burial service just ended and everyone already left. Two years ago I lost my dad and now my mom? Why is life taking my happiness away from me? Am I destined to be this miserable?

"Luna, be brave," I turned my back, and saw Miss Eli, my school teacher. "I know it's really hard for you," She rubbed my back. "Uhm, if you want you can stay with us," Ms. Eli said as she hugged me.

"Thank you Miss Eli, it's so nice of you. But I really can't stay with you. I know you still have younger siblings and I don't wanna add up." I broke the hug and smiled weakly, tears still streaming down.

"I insist. Please Luna. I just can't let you be alone. You're still too young to live on your own." She reasoned out.

"Thank so much Miss Eli. I really thank you. You really have a good heart. But I still can't accept it." I have reasons yet I can't say it. I don't want to be a burden to anyone.

"Okay Luna, I respect your decision. But if you change your mind you can come to me anytime you want. Just think about it for now." She replied and she hugged me again rubbing my back.

I sniffed before saying "Thank you so much Miss Eli."

"Anything for a sweet girl like you Luna." She finally said and waved goodbye.

I'm a complete orphan now. I don't have any uncle or aunt to stay with because my mom and dad are both only child. And my grandparents are all dead. What a life! Could someone please tell me that this is just a sick joke?

Tears started to fall again. I think I'm going mad. Why does it have to be this way? Why does it have to be my mom? Why?

"Mom, I really miss you. Please come back. Come back please. You can't leave me like this. You promised me you'll never leave my side." I sobbed catching my breath. I can't stop myself from crying and my knees are so weak now. I dropped myself on the ground. "Mom! God please!" I shouted. I can't manage to stop the tears from falling. "Please stop this madness. I can't take this anymore. God please. I need my mom. Please bring her back to me. Please!" I almost whispered, barely breathing.

I felt someone rubbing my back which helped me calm myself down. At first I thought its Miss Eli again.

"Here."

I accepted the handkerchief he offered. I wiped my tear-soaked face. We stayed quiet for a little while. Then he started to talk.

"It's all going to be alright Luna."

He knew me? I faced him. He doesn't look familiar but he knew my name.

"Uhm, I don't wanna sound rude but do I know you mister?" I asked really confused. And he looked at me like I'm a huge jigsaw puzzle. He seemed that he don't know what to say next.

"I completely do not know how to explain this to you but here. This might help." He handed me a white envelope.

I opened it. Inside is a pink scented paper. As I unfold it, my tears attempted to fall again. I swallowed the lump on my throat. It's my mom's hand writing.

I sat up straight. And started to read what my mom has written.

Dearest Luna,

I'm sorry my dear. I'm sorry that I was not able to keep my promise to you. I'm sorry for leaving too soon. I'm really sorry Luna. Please stop crying sweetheart and be brave. I am always with you. Dad and I will always be with you. Just promise me Luna that you'll brave and never be scared to face what's ahead no matter what happen. Always have that loving and kind heart. Be courageous and keep that unbreakable faith. I believe in you Luna. I love you so much my dear child.

Love,

Mom

Mom, why does it have to happen? I really miss you. I'm crying again. But I promise to be brave mom. I promise. I hugged the letter.

"Luna, I am Lupin, Lupin Yu." With sobbing I faced him. "I know you're wondering why I have your mother's letter for you." He continued and I didn't stop him. I will listen to this man. My mom surely have a good reason why she let this Mr. Yu have her letter to me.

"Your mother is an old friend, she called me a week ago. I was really busy that week and I don't have any idea that she's that sick. I'm sorry Luna." I saw tears attempting to fall down but he blinked it away from. What is he exactly? Is he an ex-boyfriend? "I went to the hospital three days after that call, but I was too late. One doctor asked who I am, and when I told him my name he handed me two white envelopes. The other one has my name." He continued.

"What's in that letter he gave you Mr. Yu?" I asked sounding so nosy.

"I knew you'd ask about that. Well ah, s-she wants me to ah take care of you." he answered stuttering. "She wrote that you're all alone now and that you need a guardian to look after you."

"You're not gonna say that you're my real father. Are you?" I asked again, now completely confused.

"No Luna. I'm just your mother's friend." He scratched his forehead.

"This whole thing is totally confusing. A wealthy looking man just popped out of nowhere and say that my mom wanted him to take care of me? Wow, life is indeed full of surprises!" Mr. Yu looked defeated as I said those words.

"I know Luna. I was surprised too with what your mother wants to happen." He looked for something from his coat.

"Here. This is my last resort for you to believe me." He handed me another letter with his name written on it.

____________________________________________________________________________________

End of Chapter One

Please leave a comment after reading this. . .pls pls

Thank you cupcakes!

Ahgase

*hart*