Chapter VIII

Start---

"Hey, how can I help?" I asked JB who is currently preparing dinner with Mark who silently slicing some tomatoes.

"Hi, you got here earlier than expected huh?" JB greeted. "So what did you buy?"

"Buy? Oh dang it!" I exclaimed.

"Why?"

Why did I forget about it? Now, how am I gonna have it back? "I forgot all of it in Jackson's car!"

"Jackson? Jackson's here? You met already? Where is he?" JB asked nonstop.

Jackson, the guy who saved me from the lion who was about to devour me alive. "No, it's another guy I met a while ago. His name is Jackson too."

"So Jackson is the name of the guy who saved you?"

Ugh! It's the dog. His voice really makes me cringe. And now my heart beats so fast again. Why the heck?

"So who's the lion?" He leaned on the table and took an apple.

Seriously this guy! Can you read my mind? Do you have some kind of supernatural ability? He's a werewolf, maybe werewolves do have that.

"The answer to your first question is. . ."

"Jinyoung!" Mark cut him off.

"What? She already knows what I am. Right human?" He turned to me. I can't utter a word and can't even swallow the lump in my throat. I just looked at him straight in the eyes. My heart beats fast but this isn't fear that I feel or madness.

"Don't," Mark simply said.

"Oh, come on. She already knew. I'm not a human, I'm a monster. A werewolf. You guys already know what I'm capable of and she should know too since she'll be living with us. Am I not right?" He said. I don't know but I felt a bit of sting in my chest when he said that he's a monster.

"So human, listen. The answer to the first question is no, I can't read your mind. I can only hear your thoughts. The things that you really wanna say the most but you kind of resist the words to come out of your mouth that's what I can hear but most of the time it's not clear. I can never tell what's really going on in your mind. And to your second question, yes. All werewolves have supernatural abilities," He said and took a bite on the apple.

"That's enough Jinyoung," JB pulled him by the arm. "Now, call the others and we'll have our dinner," and finally pushed Jinyoung out of the kitchen.

"I'm sorry Luna he was just joking," JB tapped my shoulder.

'I wasn't joking. Werewolves do have supernatural abilities. And this is mine, mental telepathy. Act as if you didn't hear me. Got it human?'

Is this real? All I know is that werewolves are savage beast who eats human or animal flesh. How is this possible that he can talk to me with his mind? I can really hear Jinyoung talking to me in my head. How am I going to act natural if some freakish thing just happened?

"A-a-ah okay," I replied to Jinyoung which turned out also replying to JB. "I'll set the table," I immediately added. I moved in a stop motion. Because seriously I can't believe what Jinyoung just show me, I mean told me in my head. Is this really happening? Am I in a movie? This kind of thing only happens in a movie. Now, who's filming this?

"Ugh! Seriously?" I mouthed.

"Luna, are you okay?"

"Oh my god!" I was startled when Mark touched my wrist. "Ahh. . Sorry."