seventeen

The music was so loud and Calum was sure that he couldn't even hear himself think. Michael had decided to bring him to his first ever Los Angeles party and the brown boy was regretting it. Out of instinct, he just held onto the taller boy as they made their way through the crowds and as they talked to friends and as they casually danced together. He didn't know anyone except Ashton and Luke but Michael seemed to be his lifeline. Calum could've easily gone to talk to Ashton but Michael wouldn't let him.

Michael was grouchy that Ashton had met the hidden boy before he did and therefore was keeping Calum for himself.

The pair were maybe two hours in, Calum on his fifth drink, and he felt so drunk. The smaller boy had always been a lightweight and Michael seemed to catch on rather quickly. Calum would lean on him for support occasionally and would stumble over his words more than he did normally. Michael found it endearing. He, himself, was also a bit tipsy but not to the point Calum was. He could at least hold his beer better.

"Michael, I want to go sit down," Calum said, his bottom lip jutting out in a pout. His eyebrows furrowed and his eyes went wide and Michael knew he couldn't say no. He could never say no to Calum.

"We can go upstairs. It's quieter there," Michael suggested, his mind a bit foggy at what he was suggesting. He saw it in a friendly manor but Calum saw it otherwise.

Michael helped Calum up the stairs and after about ten minutes of the brown boy struggling, they finally made it up. The taller boy led the room to a random room, having a bit of a problem saying most of the rooms were occupied with the exact opposite of what Michael wanted to do. Calum seemed giddy as the two found an empty room and he quickly crawled on the bed.

Michael closed the door behind him, kicking off his shoes and shrugging off his jean jacket. He turned on the small light of the room and turned around to see Calum sitting up, with the bed sheet on top of his head.

"Look Michael! I'm hidden! I post anonymous covers!" Calum said giggling. The brown boy turned into a fit of giggles and Michael couldn't help but chuckle along. Michael thought Calum was just being a happy drunk. He didn't understand that the brown boy was being serious.

"You're so cute," Michael muttered. He made his way over to the bed and sat down next to Calum.

Calum pulled the sheet off of his head and looked at the pale boy next to him. Michael's eyes were a bit hazy but it wasn't horribly so. Calum knew his own eyes were worse. Michael's hair was a bit disheveled from when Calum had run his fingers through it while they were dancing and the top three buttons of Michael's flannel were undone, thanks to Calum himself. Michael just looked so angelic and beautiful and dangerous and like a complete and utter thrill.

He felt himself slowly start to lean on. They were so close and with Calum leaning in, they were even closer now. The brown boy could smell the dollar-store cologne Michael had borrowed from him and it seemed so much more pleasing on the pale boy. Calum would never do this sober. He wouldn't even be thinking about kissing Michael.

Okay, that was a lie. He definitely did think about it but he'd never act on it.

Michael seemed to catch on to what the smaller boy wanted to do and closed the gap between them. He didn't really hesitate and for that he was thankful. Their lips pressed against each other's slowly.

It was so soft and delicate but Calum didn't like that. He wanted to feel Michael all over. The smaller boy grabbed Michael's hands and placed them on his waist, making sure that they would be brought closer together.

Michael, again, got the hint and slowly dragged his tongue against Calum's bottom lip, being easily granted access. They didn't speed up much from prior and Calum seemed to be okay with it. Michael slowly fell back on the bed and Calum crawled on top of him, both of his legs around Michael's torso.

He was kissing Michael, the guy he kind of liked but had so many mixed signals from. Calum loosely fisted Michael's flannel in his hand and the pale boy let out a choked moan.

Calum was so startled that he got that response out of Michael, that he immediately pulled back. Michael pouted as Calum didn't initiate another kiss.

Just two words. It was so simple. Calum could tell Michael. He was drunk. He was brave. He could say anything.

"Michael, I have to tell you something," Calum choked out. His voice was soft and his words seemed broken, not quite fitting together.

"What is it, babe?" Michael asked softly. His voice was laced with concern and Calum internally swooned.

"I'm-" Calum started to say.

"I'm-" he continued. He couldn't get it out.

Calum took a deep breath and pinched the bridge of his nose, not sure on how to say it. It was simple. Michael would love him after. Why was he chickening out? Michael adored both sides of him so much.

"I'm an-" Calum started but was immediately cut off.

The door swung open and in walked in a completely wasted Luke Hemmings and Ashton Irwin. They were tugging at each other's clothes and their lips were messily pressed together. Calum let out a small shriek when he saw Luke buck his hips into Ashton's. Michael covered Calum's eyes and glared at his friends.

This caught the two drunk boy's attention and they realized that they had an audience.

"We're just going to go to the bedroom next door," Ashton said awkwardly, before the two ran out.

An awkward tension hung in the air and Calum had no idea on what to say. He just witnessed two boys grope on each other like it was no big deal.

He didn't mind of course, like everyone was free to hook up or love or like who they wanted but what surprised him was that they hadn't even knocked.

What if Michael and him had gone further? And they had walked in on them? That was enough to give him second hand embarrassment.

"That was so awkward," Michael finally spoke up.

He was looking up at Calum with so much adoration as he saw the boy blushing. They hadn't even been doing anything when his band mates walked in.

Yet he was embarrassed.

Michael wanted to coo at the smaller boy but he knew that it's only make it worse. Calum didn't say anything after that and Michael took the imitation to talk again. "What were you going to tell me?"

His voice came out so softly and fragile and Calum felt like his heart was casually being ripped to pieces. Michael was just so caring and he loved it.

"It's nothing," Calum breathed out.

Luke and Ashton interrupting him was a sign. Michael wasn't supposed to know his secret yet.

***

I'm so sleepy right now but I wanted to update. Sorry for grammar and spelling mistakes.

-Lee