epilogue

"And the winner for 'Song of the Year'," the artist on stage presenting started, "Little Lies by Calum Hood and Ed Sheeran!"

It took the boy a moment- feeling to imaginary that his name was called- but Calum jumped up as soon as his name was announced. His heart was about to jump out of his throat and his head was racing.

One year ago. Only one year ago did he get the call that changed his life completely. The brown boy received the call the day after he had exposed who he was on his YouTube channel and it was completely insane. Ed Sheeran's team called him the day after he exposed himself. Ed had been looking for him for months but since there was the anonymity of his persona, it had taken too long.

The ginger had wanted to collaborate and arranged for the two to meet up at Ed's hotel in two days. Calum cried as soon as he walked through the hotel lobby. He couldn't help it. He had looked up to Ed Sheeran for six years and Ed was the voice that had calmed him down many nights where he felt utterly hopeless living in Los Angeles.

The two immediately became friends and were working together in the studio a week later. A month after that, their song was number one on the Billboard charts. For twenty-three consecutive weeks.

"Congratulations baby," a familiar voice whispered into his ear bringing him out of his trance. The brown boy happily turned around and pressed his lips to his lover. The adrenaline in his veins was pumping as he pulled his boyfriend closer.

"Get up there," Michael said laughing, pulling away from his boyfriend. He knew that Calum would never leave to go on the stage if he didn't say anything.

The brown boy felt a tap on his shoulder and he turned around to see his Grammy partner waiting for him. Ed had been a complete angel with everything that had happened. Calum had called him crying when he saw their song was number one and Ed immediately drove over and held him as he cried.

(Michael, of course, had been out of town with the band and couldn't hold him at the time.)

"Can you believe it?" Ed asked, leaning over so Calum could hear him over the applause. They would be playing their song later that night but they hadn't expected to win a Grammy prior to it.

"It feels like a dream," Calum admitted.

The two men made their way up the steep stairs and got to the podium. The Grammy was placed in Ed's hands and he quickly handed it to the brown boy.

The lights were blinding. Calum had never experienced anything like this. He didn't expect to be looking down at a crowd of thousands and then to be broadcasted to millions. He had started off singing to a camera and now he was talking to millions.

Calum had definitely grown as a person in that time. He finally was able to talk in front of a crowd and could perform without feeling the anxiety he used to. He wasn't as scared as he was. Calum immediately started working on his album, already having written most of the songs in his free time, and it was to be released in a month from today. The day he won his first Grammy.

He had a tour planned too. He would be opening for Ed Sheeran for four months on his Europe and North America tour. 5 Seconds of Summer were on their year break which allowed Michael to join him the last two months. They were working on their third album but it was almost done. They just had three more songs to record and it'd be over.

"This is incredible. I never would've thought this would've happened. I called Calum up as soon as he revealed himself online and was no longer Anonymous. We started working that same exact week and released our song. The support we got was incredible and I definitely know for a fact that we will work again together again," Ed said into the mic. His voice echoed throughout the arena as he said his thanks. He wasn't going to say much though because he wanted Calum to have his moment.