More things in the woods

*Your POV*

"Max!" Adam and I screamed in unison as his head hit the forest floor. A cold claw of anger sliced through me and I turned to glare at Ross.

"What?" Ross turned a cold stare on me, I saw his eyes dancing with a cold, cruel light to them, almost like he was happy. I wanted to walk up to him and give him a piece of me.

"Is he...okay?" Adam questions.

"It was a god damn bullet, Adam! He could be dead for all we know!" My voice cracked with emotion.

"Well then let's help him!" Adam jumped out of the bushes and I followed immediately.

"Hold it!" Ross pointed his gun at us.

"You wouldn't!" Adam stared in shock at Ross.

"Oh, I would, and you couldn't stop me!" Ross laughed hysterically. I just kept staring, I didn't really care what happened anymore, we just had to find where Max had been shot and try to help him....if there was time.

"Adam, we have to get Max out of there." I muttered to Adam.

"But how do we do that?" Adam stared at me expecting an answer. I opened my mouth to reply but closed it again. I started thinking of Max. I thought of how brave he had to be in order to actually run at Ross like that. I thought of how we'd just started over and became friends. I thought of the look of determination on his face as he jumped over the bushes at Ross. I thought of how kind he'd been to sacrifice himself for our wellbeing. I thought about how much I'll miss him even if he was an asshole.

"I know what to do." I whispered and looked at Adam.

"Great, so what's the plan?" He asked leaning closer so he could hear.

"Grab Max" I turned towards Ross

"What? He has a gun! I can't do it now!" Adam whispered frantically.

"You'll know when to, trust me Adam. Just do it, put Max in Ross' car, Ross didn't take the keys out. Then, drive" I whispered while Adam was staring at me.

"I can't leave you!" He stared in my eyes with a horrified look.

"You must! It's the only way to save Max!" I argued

"But it won't save my only high school friend" Adam looked sad.

"Why do you wanna be friends with me?" I questioned.

"Why wouldn't I wanna be friends with you?" His voice was thick with emotion.

"You have more friends now, Adam. I will do this. You will do this. I can't do this without you." Were my last words before charging out of the bushes at the most hated person ever in my eyes.

"Heh heh, what do we have here?" Ross took a step forward.

"You wanna kill me? Come and get me. I took a couple of steps sideways and Ross copied.

"Where's Adam?" Ross asked

"He left me here, he's a big chicken." I replied while taking a couple more steps sideways so Ross had his back to Adam.

"Well, you'll die out here anyway....." Ross looked at me with humor in his eyes.

"That is correct, I will." My heart skipped a beat when I saw Adam slowly stalking out of the bushes behind Ross.

"So....I should kill you with my gun?" Ross seemingly wanted a reply.

"If that's what you think....sure" I eyed him with hatred.

"Okay" he smiled

*Ross POV*

I don't have a bullet in my gun! Uh oh....she thinks I do but I don't. I know! I have some in my car, I better get them. I started to turn around

"Wait!" She desperately screamed.

"What?" I turned to her. Mood: annoyed.

"Aren't cha gonna kill me?" She taunted

"Of course, but I need my uh....water. From the car to wash blood off my hands." I lied.

"Who cares about the blood. Just end my miserable life." She sighed.

"Nah, if your life causes pain....I don't gotta do anything." I cheered up a little bit, I still hate her though. I turned around again ignoring her calls of protest and stopped dead. Adam.

"Adam! What are you doing!" I charged at him, rage fueling me to go on.

"Ross! Stop it!" I felt someone jump on my back and I stumbled.

"Get off, *Y*!" I hollered and twisted around and tried to get her off.

"Ross, listen!" She shouted at me as she lightly jumped off.

"What do you want, *Y*!?" I snarled. "Stay there Adam!" I growled at him.

"Was it worth it? Was all of this worth really and truly worth it? Tim, James, now Max? This isn't right, I felt like I knew you, now, nobody knows you. Ross, why? Just because Adam almost fired you? That's lame, you're lame. Ross, who are you?" Tears were rolling down her cheeks as she finished. Hot shame burned under my skin and I tried to ignore it.

"I am Ross. Always have been, always will be. I'm just a new Ross. Yes, it was all worth it. It wasn't only because Adam fired me, there is a list of reasons why, *Y*, don't stand in my way, you will regret it. Just as Max has regretted what he's done to me. Look at him. Still. Limp. Bloodied. Dead. Is this what you want to happen to you? Because, it will. Like it or not, this will be you next."