chapter 11

And another . . . sorry for the inconsistency XD

Kez darted off though, not waiting to see the outcome and spotted McCoy in the crowds but no Kirk.

“Bones!” Kea called out rushing towards him, “Bones, where’s Kirk?”

McCoy looked at her then gestured to where Kirk was leant up against a column looking hazy and lost and knocked down so low that Kez was so scared he would just shatter to pieces.

“He’s been grounded, Kez. Nothing we can do.”

“I know, I tried to convince Spock to change it but he wouldn’t budge.” Kez tried before wondering over to Kirk.

“Jim? Jim you okay?” She asked him carefully as he fixed his blue eyes on her and gathered himself together.

“Yeah,” He said sorting himself out so he looked more like he usually did, “I’m good. Why aren’t you on a shuttle? They’ll be leaving without you.” He said hastily.

Kez sighed, “I tried to change it Jim, honest.”

Kirk shrugged, “Its fine. Go on, please, wouldn’t want you to miss out on an adventure.” He smiled.

Kez rolled her eyes and smiled, “Just don’t kill yourself.” She joked.

“Never!” He laughed and she began to walk away.

She stopped before turning and throwing herself into her friend’s arms, hugging him tightly.

“I’ll still be here when you come back.” He laughed, “Not like I’m going anywhere. Just stay safe yeah? ‘Cause you don’t have me there to watch your back.”

Kez chucked and pulled away, “Like I need you to watch my back. You be careful because I’m not here to watch your back.” She said defiantly and Jim laughed before waving her off.

As she walked past Bones she hissed strongly, “Find a way to get him into space, even if it’s illegal.”

Bones just watched her as she walked away and onto her designated shuttle.