Epilogue

UNEDITED

Eight Years Later

Two figures of a man and a woman emerged out of the shadows and headed over to the farthest corner of the cemetery. The night was calm and serene, but it didn't help the racing heart of the man. He was visiting her for the first time since that... incident.

As they reached their desired place, the man knelt down and carefully placed a bouquet of daisies in front of the headstone. The daises reminded him of her; sweet and simple. Just the way she liked it, too.

For a few minutes, the two figures were silent, only gazing at the words etched on the stone. The two of them were quiet as they reminisced the memories they had with the girl, they were quite close back then.

"It's all my fault," The man croaked as he felt a tear rush down his cheek.

"It's not and you know it," The woman beside him consoled, "She died for you... for me. She had an honorable death."

The man stayed silent. The girl had so much to live for, but because of him, she didn't have a chance to experience a full life.

"It's alright to show your emotions. And whenever you need me--us, we're here." The woman continued, "Despite the rough road we've been through, we're family."

"Yeah," The man whispered, "I know. I just... can you leave me alone for a couple of minutes? I just want to... talk to her."

"Of course. Anything you need." The woman immediately stepped back and gave the man privacy.

As the woman walked away, the man started speaking aloud. He told the dead girl everything he that happened to him after she was gone.

And how much it pained him not being able to see her again.

~*~

"How is he?" Her husband asked as she approached them.

The woman smiled sadly, "He's hanging in there."

"Is Uncle E going to be alright, Mama?" The little boy jumped down from his father's arms and went to his mother. He opened and closed his fist multiple times, a sign showing he wanted to be carried.

The woman carried the boy up and watched his bright blue eyes shine with worry for his 'Uncle E'.

He had the eyes of his father.

"Yeah, he will." The woman confirmed, "He's a really strong man, he can face anything."

"Like Papa?" The child asked excitedly, pointing at the muscled man behind him.

The woman nodded, "Yes, very much like Papa."

"I want to be strong like Papa, too!" The little boy rambled as they walked away from the cemetery, "I'm gonna have drawings on my body like him!"

"You want tattoos?" The boy's father asked as he slung an arm around his wife's shoulder, pulling her and his child to the direction of the sweets shop, "No can do, buddy. Tattoos are for grown men, only."

"But, I'm a grown man, Papa!" The boy argued, "I have mushles, see?"

The man grinned at his child when he flexed his non-existent muscles. Getting him out of his wife's arms, he delicately placed him on top his shoulders, the boy's hands immediately taking hold of his father's hair.

"Yay! Giddy yah, Bucky!" The child exclaimed.

The family walked inside the shop, their child squealing at the sight of candy everywhere. And at that moment, nothing was comparable to the woman and her husband. True, there were a lot of obstacles they had to go through, but look at the prize they had.

A son, and a baby girl that will soon grace this world.

Everything wasn't perfect, but it was good. And that's the way they liked it.

~*~

This book is officially over. 🎉🎉😭😭

So, who do you think died? I left a lot of clues on who lived *wink wink*

Anyway, I wanted to thank everyone who has supported this story. Thank you for all the reads, comments and votes you had on this story! It all meant a lot to me. From 105 reads, we have reached 10K! How amazing is that?

Again, thank you for reading this story! I hope you liked Eric and Charlotte's journey.

Another Divergent fanfic book will be written by me next year, here's the description:

T I T L E :   Mr. Piercing

Castielle Thorne was sarcastic.

She was witty.

She was hot-headed.

She was a smart-ass.

But most of all, she lived beyond the fence. She was an outsider.

Eric Coulter was cruel.

He was cold-hearted.

He was bossy.

He was rude.

But most of all, he lived inside the fence. He belonged to the system.

These two were completely different people, but what would be the outcome when Castielle shows up on the fence's watchtower with a rainbow-coloured outfit, listening to Ed Sheeran through her headphones while snacking on some Oreos?

A leader would bend rules, a girl would fall, and an instructor would ruin everything, of course.

Soon will be published on 2017.