The Newbie

“You eva think you sleep too much?” Raph turned away from the TV to a nodding off Kylee. “Shh. I’m a growing girl who’s getting intense trainin all the sudden, and its summer- I should be sleeping more. Besides I barely sleep at my place.”

“I wasn’t askin’ for your life story ya know”

Kylee was nodding off even further, starting to slip and lean. Either this show was boring her to death or she was just really tired. “Hey! Do I look like a pillow to you?” Raph said as Kylee fell asleep on his shoulder. She looked pathetically peace full, which made Raph conflicted; not knowing what to feel at the moment.

“Hey Raph, just let her stay there. You two were up all day and night yesterday just to make up for what she missed out on while Kylee was out. Besides, Don says that if kids fall asleep on ya that mean they feel safe and completely trust you completely.” Mikey said coming into the room with an empty soda can.

“And why would she trust me! I push her too hard, constantly give her deserved beatings and we fight all the time!”

“Well there is the TV Raph in our show, she grew up watching him, watching him kick butt, take names, spit, and take care of his family. She knew she could trust that Raph.”

“Yeah? Well we’re real Mikey! We’re not that show.”

“OH Yeah? What about the Shredder, Raph? US? How about what happened? Dude, that shows pretty much got us licked. Our characters are us. So like it or not, she trusts ya.”

“Mikey did I eva tell ya I hate you when yer smart?”

“Love ya too, bro. Besides, Beccas here in a hour or two, so let the kid rest up.”

“Don’t remind me, another brat.” Raph pushed Kylee off of him and onto the floor, she groaned and woke up. “Nice Raph.” Mikey retorted. He walked toward Kylee and as soon as he got close she fell into his arms and back asleep. The turtle picked her up; “Ya know… she never told us how old she is. What do you think Raphie?”

“I dunno, the pain might be fifteen or Sixteen I guess.”

“Awww, Remember when we were that age?”

“I try not to.”

Mikey sat down on the couch and leaned the girl on himself. “Great the vermin’s back on the couch.”Raph growled. Mikey gave him the rarest of his expressions-seriousness.

- - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP!”

Kylee punched what she thought was an alarm clock and woke up, rubbing her eyes. “OW, not cool dude!”

“OH GOSH! Sorry Mikey, I thought you were an alarm clock.”

“you punch clocks?” Mikey said rubbing his forehead.

“No, that why I put my alarm clock far enough way from the bed, to avoid that…”

“You are a minnie Raph.”

Kylee smiled apologetically, “hey what time is it?”

“Uhhhh…. Two twenty.”

“SHOOT, BECCA!”

Mikey smiled “don’t worry about it. After we gave Donny your phone, he figured out how’da work it and texted her the details.”

“Oh…”

“So yeah, she’s almost here. The bro’s  went ahead and left me to get you so c’mon!”