The Wrong Student

“W-w-oa! I-is this r-really necessary, master Raphael? I’m not very good at balancing! Did we have to start so high?” Kylee wobbled ten feet in the air on a bamboo pole, trying to get to the other side of a ledge without falling on her face.

“Oh, C’mon! you stayed on the ball for twenty minutes, there’s no difference here.”

“uh that was my fat butt and a big ball. This is thin foot on a pole! THERES A DIFFERENCE! Whoa!”

“Complain, complain, complain, that’s mall ya do. Do me a favor and shut yer trap, will ya!?”

Mikey and Becca were sitting on the floor nearby looking up. “Um Raph. As much as I love seeing Kylee ten feet in the air and about to fall and break something, I have to ask if this is a good idea. I mean she is half blind after all.” Becca said leaning back on her elbow her face a mixture of ‘I’m not very impressed that your putting her life at risk again’ and ‘I’m gonna kick your butt if she gets hurt again.’

“Don’t worry your pretty little head about it. She’s blind, not lame. She’ll be fine, especially with that blind fold.”

“Oh, yeah, how silly of me, you’re so brilliant Raph. Of course it’s a good thing she can’t see the next pole in front of her. You do know that seeing and hearing a big part of balance, right? So her being near sighted and blind folded is simply fantastic.”

Raph rolled his eyes and turned back to his student. Kylee’s foot was looking for the next pole hopelessly, her body was swerving around wildly and she started to fall. Her toes finally hit the next pole, but she was already too far down and ended up doing the splits.

“Ooooooo” the three on the ground said, flinching

“A-A-AHHHHHHHH” Kylee started to plummet to the ground, trying to get over to a softer spot to land, even though she had no idea where she was going due to the blind fold. Raph jumped off the wall, into the air, and caught Kylee. He landed with expert skill, making Mikey and Becca clap. Kylee pulled up her blindfold and looked up, embarrassed, at Raphael. “So, uh, how’d I do teach?”

Raph dropped Kylee on her bottom and went over to the weights, and started working out. “We try again in an hour. For now just work on your basics.” Kylee groaned and started practicing her posses, Becca, with the help of Mikey, walked over. “Well Kylee, how are you enjoying being the student of Raph? ‘Cause just so ya know: it looks like a lotta fun.” Becca poked her friend, making Kylee lose her balance a bit. “I didn’t come here to have fun Bec, you know that as well as I do. And all in all, Master Raphael is actually a pretty fair teacher. At least I know more then you for once.”

“Um, Kylee, you forget. Mikey started me on Ninja training from day one, unlike you who spent her first three weeks muscle training. I passed this lesson a while ago and mastered it.”

“Okay, smart guy. Show me then.”

Becca scowled then pointed to her ankle, Kylee hit her fore head, growling and walked away to practice her positions. “Hey Mikey, thanks for not ratting me out on the balance thing. But she will want to see me do that, we start practicing balance while those two are arguing or sleeping.” Mikey agreed, loving the opportunity to mess with someone

That day didn’t get better. Kylee kept getting up to the poles but never made it to the end. Eventually Raph got tired of catching her and just ‘borrowed’ extra mats from Leo. Kylee was pooped by the end of the day, barely able to eat because she was so tired. She fell asleep while watching Becca and Mikey play video games, so Raph just grabbed her ankle, dragged her to the room and flung her on the bed (have of her was hanging off) and left.