Subconsious prt 2

Don woke up first the next morning. The fire had gone out a couple hours ago, but there were still a few burning coals giving off some heat. After shaking the sleep out of his head and remembered where he was and what he was doing, he looked over to the young version of his brother and his original brother’s student. They were leaning on each other, back to back, with their heads (looking like nuts or rather boulders at the time) leaning in the opposite directions. ‘Children will be children. I wonder how they got there.’

When the two woke up the fire was on again but not as large, there was a picnic table (wasn’t there last night if you’re wondering, Don had imagined it up earlier) and he was making some scrambled eggs. Kylee got up and stretch, and in doing so made Raph fall on his shell, grumbling. “Oh, knock it off Raph. You’re not hurt, get off yer butt.”

“Well, you’re just about the brightest morning person I’ve ever met.”

“I always will be. Here, lemme help ya up.”

“I don’t need a girls help.”

“Quit being sexist.”

Raph grabbed Kylee’s hand and she lifted him up.

“Morning Don. Sleep well?” Kylee said, leaving one turtles side and going towards another. Don smiled at her, putting eggs on the plates. “I did. And what about you, hmm? I’m surprised you’re up so early, with all that chit chat you and Raph were doing all hours of the night.”

“How!? How could you possibly know that!?”

“Growing up with Mikey? You learn to sleep with and ear and an eye open.”

“…remind me never to talk around you when you’re sleeping. When you’re awake, you can’t hear anyone. But when you’re asleep? You can hear everything! That’s just grand…”

Raph came over and nudged her, his eyes screaming sarcasm. She just scowled and kicked him in the backside as he passed.

                             ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After breakfast they started on the road again, now knowing to take cover at night. Raph had told them that the night was Shredders realm, where he could do or be anything. Young Raph was used to the sunshine and open, bright fields any way. Kylee liked to see him in the open, instead of hidden in the shadows.

Once Kylee had gotten tired of walking she imagined wings and started flying, teasing the boys and tickling their noses with her feathers. The day was dull and Kylee tried to keep entertaining herself. She would throw random stuff at Raph’s fat head, listen to music, zone off and make the boys drag her behind them, throw more stuff at Raph… yeah it was a dull traveling day.

“Hey Donny, are we there yet?”

“Do you see Raph?”

“Yes.”

“Older Raph?”

“No.”

“Then we’re not there yet are we?”

“No. Hey Donny are we almost there?”

“Now how would I know that?”

“You’re the one with the big brain, can’t you imagine up a ‘inside Raphs big fat head map’?”

“She’s got a point Don.”

“ Why don’t you do make it then?”

“Cause I suck at reading maps.”