Club Night

“GET OUTTA MY MIKEY! I’M WINNING THIS THING AND THERES NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT, SHELL FOR BRAINS!”

“ NO WAY, SURFACE DWELLER, I OWN THIS GAME!”

“YOU MAY OWN IT, BUT I ROCK IT!”

“Could you two quit yelling? As much as games get you two wired, I am reading here.” Kylee gestured to her book. She was lounging on the couch after a hard day of training; the other two had dragged to two recliners in front of the TV and had been playing some space fighter game for two hours now. Raph had gone out with Donny to pick up some stuff for Donny’s new tinker project, something else for April, and they’d dragged Leo along with them. They’d all been gone a couple of hours now, when Kylee’s cell rang, it was Raphs number. “Interesting ring tone, Kylee, for Raph.” Becca was looking over her shoulder, after taking a water break. “Bec, what are you talking about? It’s breaking the Habit, by Linkin Park?”

“Whatever you say…” Becca sunk dramatically behind the couch and reappeared on the recliner.

“Whats up, Master Raphael?”

“It took ya long enough to answer, put me on with Becca.”

“Why didn’t ya just call her phone then?”

“I don’t have her number stupid! Now put me on with her or I’ll give ya a knuckle sandwich.”

“Okay, okay, here ya go-Bec, it’s for you.”

“Why didn’t you just call my phone?”

“Look that’s not important now; I need ja to do something for me-”

Becca’s smile grew larger and larger, almost reaching her ears. Mikey and Kylee  looked at her, making them  almost scared, Kylee more than anyone. “Raph, you just made me the happiest person who ever lived.  You got it, but yer paying. Where do you keep your money?- Awesome, thanks.” Without answering any questions, Becca raced off into Raphs room, pulled out a hunk of cash and ran out the front door, grinning like a maniac.

“That, Mikey, is something you never want to see. It always means trouble.”

“…Good to know…”

                 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raph had been grinning at Kylee for an hour now, he knew something she didn’t and it was creeping Kylee out, he’d brought Leo and Donny home and refused to let them leave, dragging out the suspension. Donny began entertaining himself by fiddling with Kylee’s laptop and tinkering with his own project, Kylee was sitting next to him, trying to ignore Raph.

“Hey Don, why is he staring at me like that?”

“How should I know? He may be plotting your downfall and I wouldn’t know.”

“Gee thanks, brainiac, remind them to put you as ‘the turtle who could have saved her’ on my graves head stone.”

Donny laughed. “Don’t be over dramatic, Kylee. He wouldn’t kill anyone, unless they deserved it. Havent been naughty have you?”

“Ha- ha- ha, you’re a riot Don.”

“Aren’t I? It part of my charming geek personality.”

Kylee shook her head, smiling. She enjoyed Don’s company a lot, though his brain capacity blinded her own, there was just something there that she couldn’t put her figure on, just something there that she liked, even though she had never thought that he’d be the one that’d she’d link to. She always thought he’d be more distant with her. Like Leo was being, even though they were all great and she loved them all like family. While she’d been thinking, she had lost all feeling of Raph staring at her, till Becca came back with hugs mall bags in her arms, grunting.