Chapter 28: 6 Weeks Pregnant

Chapter 28: 6 weeks pregnant

{Lalita's POV}

It has been two weeks since my heart reared into pieces.It feels like a nightmare, like my relationship with Chris was a dream and it had suddenly turned to a dark nightmare.

Pouring wax on my skin took shifted the pain I felt from the nightmare to the pain that penetrated my pores, making me concertante only on it. No more pain from the loneliness I felt without my mum, friends and Chris.The candles were my escape

It was early in the afternoon, I decided to go to the mall to search for candles.The ones with thick wax were hard to find but today I was on a mission to find thosevcandles and  take my the pain I carried away.

As I walked I saw teenagers with their mothers.I never had that with my mum, she was always too busy with work. And now I am so alone.Being an affectionate person this was killing me.This was really killing me inside.

I stepped into a shop lit with bright candles meant for romantic couples.My eyes scanned around, I saw my reflection in the mirror.I looked okay for someone who had been crying every night for the past 2 weeks.

A man about my age approached me.He had an average sized body with large arms.His eyes were a deep brown and his skin was a dark chocolate.

"Hello ma'm", he said and I immediately noticed his domineering african accent.

"Hey", I replied.

"I'm Jaafar and you are?", his accent was really strong.

"Lalita, I'm sorry I'm not interested in anything", I said aware he was looking me up and down.

He chuckled deeply."No Lalita, I was actually just wondering if I could help you with anything.I work here.", he said pointing at the badge that had his name.

"Oh, Okay.Umm..I'm looking for candles with thick wax".

"They are right over there", he said pointing to the corner.

He followed me as I walked to the corner.He reached over my shoulder to grab a red candle.

"This is just what you need".

"Ok thanks", I replied trying not to sound overwhelmed by him leaning over me.

"Come over here I'll check them out for you".

I walked over to cash register where he took scanned the barcode on the candle.

"Where are you from?", I asked curiously.

"South Africa, you ?", he replied.

"Same! Well my parents are from there".

"Well what do you know?", he said handing the bag.

I smiled, took the bag and then walked out.

"Lalita! Yiqiniso ukhuthi abafazi be South Africa bayabulala ngelihlo.Ngoba wena uyingilosi".

Transalating that he said ' its true what they say about South African woman, because you look like an angel.'

"Ngiyabonga", I said thank you.Blushing only because he complianted me.

When I got home, as I was parking my car in my backyard I saw Chris appear with a bunch of roses.They were purple, the colour I loved ever since I could remember.

For a moment I didnt know what to do.But then I walked towards the door and he started pacing towards me. 

"Lalita!", he yelled at me.