Chapter 27

I just wanna tell you that i made a mistake
you are the perfect women how'd i push you away
don't know what i was thinking must be out of my mind
i know I messed up this time

 Akon - I'm Sorry

Chapter 27

{Chris's POV}

I hurt her.I hurt Lalita.I hurt her emotionally and physically.How was she going to handle all this on her own.She wouldn't I had to see her.What would she be doing to herself.

I walked downstairs, glancing at Savannah who was still sound asleep at 10am in the morning.I went to the kitchen to see mum who looked at me with no emotion.

"What do you want for breakfast?".

"I'm fine.I'll just make something for Savannah", I said looking at the sparkling tiles on the floor.

Mum walked to me and held my chin up."Look at me son".

I reluctantly looked up at her.

"You made a mistake you know that?"

I nodded.

"But I still love you no matter what, ok?".

I nodded.

"I'll be with you all the way.But it's now your responsibility as a man to look after Savannah and the child.So be a man and be strong, I know you are hurting from Lalita.Just know that I'm here for you ok?".

I couldn't help it but start crying.

She pulled me into a hug."It's ok Chrissy...stay strong for me.You can do this".

" I will mum".

After that my conversation with mum I made Savannah breakfast.It was oats with honey.I hoped she would get over her vomiting stage.Mum had told me it would be over in a few weeks but my medical skills told me that no two pregnancies are ever the same.

"There you go", I handed her the bowl of oats.

Savannah sat up, her eyes looked puffy as she rubbed them with her fist.

"Morning and thank you", I smiled at me.

"It's fine.I'm going to go and-".

She smiled." And see Lalita?".

I nodded.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I parked my car near Lalita's house.My fingers fiddled with the ring Lalita threw, not even to me but on the ground.My heart sank when I heard the sound of the of the ring on the floor.

Last night I finally realized how much I loved her.There was something in my heart that told me I couldn't see myself having a family with, growing old, fighting, kissing and enjoying the body of anyone else but Lalita.I know it was to much for me to make a commitment.

I remember the first time I kissed her and the first time we had sex.She has chosen me to take her virginity and it was the most mind blowing experience of my life and I'd thrown all that away to hook up with Savannah.

My feet slowly approached her house.The curtains were still closed up.I walked up the steps and I knocked on the door. A few minutes later her soft footsteps approached the door.

She opened the door.The first image I saw of her was a beautiful woman with bloodshot eyes and puffy eyes.She wore the panties she used to call shorts and a singlet.Her dark skin on her cheat was a different pigment.Thats all I saw of her before she banged the door closed.