Chapter 30

Chapter 30

{Chris's POV}

Late in the next morning I woke up in the morning feeling like I'd slept on a bed of compass sharp needles.

I slid to lean on the hard wooden head board, letting my boxers slide out of my body.My hands reached for my phone beside the lamp on my bedside table.

I had messages from Savannah, telling that she had arrived and was settled in Brax's room.This made me feel very uncomfortable but I knew if she was pregnant he wouldn't touch her.

After reading the messages I stood up and pulled my boxers down to get ready for a shower.

I'd finished my shower and I was sitting alone on the kitchen bench top.The sun rays shined on my face from the window above the kitchen sink, which had a pile of greasy plates and Pots.

Mum had left a note on the fridge stating that I was to 'Wash all the dishes before you place a foot outside the door'.

On that note I finished my breakfast and washed the dishes as mum had suggested.

With all that finished I reached for my car keys on the marble kitchen top and walked outside the door.As I locked the door I received a text from my mate I hadn't seen since I went to university.

-Hey Chris, heard you're in town.Can we meet up later today about 1ish at the bar?-

I smiled, glad something was going a bit normal in my life right now.

-Hey Matt! it's been a while, See you then-

I closed the door and walked to my car.

It was about an hour and a half till I had to meet Matt at the bar.I was at the local gym, sweat was already drenching from my underarms from the intense work out.

I kept pulling the weight up using the muscles from my arms and back.The started turning into a stinging sensation that made me groan from pain.Two more to go...One...Two...

I was determined to improve my body.

Slowly I put the weights down and reached for my cold bottle of water.I drank it as though I had been starved of any fluids for days.The water cooled my body as it ran down my throat.

"You should lift the weight with your knees bent", a familiar deep voice said to me.

I turned to see Jufur or Jaffar or whatever his name was standing behind me with a towel on his shoulder.

"Thanks mate...I really needed some advice", I said sarcastically

He walked to stand in my way."You shouldn't be angry at me, I'm just trying to be friendly."

I chuckled, running my hands over my sweat drenched hair. "All you want to do is piss me off. Leave me alone."

"You are no man", he replied in his african accent that drove me crazy.

I slap my hands on my hips as a sarcastic sign he had defeated me.

"You know what? Get some spears or some other black shit and we will fight it out and see who is the real man", I was boiling inside.

"I don't need to fight, I KNOW I'm a real man", he replied.

" Doubt that very much."

"Chris, real man don't imp-regnant women that aren't their girlfriends.And then you just made some black stereotype joke about her culture? Fuck you.", he said as if he was spitting in my face.

He made me realise the mistake I had made. "You fuck off.", that was the only thing I could come up with.

I pulled my towel from the rack and walked out the door to my UTE.I had swapped it with my BMW as I lost interest in it.