-24-

The car ride home was tense. I sat in the back seat with Emilia and groceries took my spot in the front seat.

"When we get home, I want you to take Emilia up to your bedroom instead of hers for her nap while you finish your summer work. I want you to stay in there with her until she wakes up, then bring her downstairs." Mum said, turning into our driveway.

"Okay," I said, getting out of the car. I helped bring the groceries out of the car while Emilia played on the trampoline.

When we finally got Emilia inside, I brought her up to my third floor bedroom, put her pyjamas on her, and tucked her in my double bed. "Good night sleepy-head," I cooed. I turned off the lights and just turned on my desk lamp.

I couldn't stop thinking about that man. When Emilia finally woke up, it was around dinner-time.

I went downstairs to get dinner, which was pizza. Zoe and Alfie were there, and Mum was telling them about the whole store dilemma. Emilia and Eduardo were at the table, eating their spaghetti. I sat down next to them and fixed my messy bun.

"Mum, can I go to the Lanes with Maura?" (Maura's her childhood friend)

Mum nodded. "Is she picking you up?"

"No," I said, wiping sauce off of Eduardo's cheek.

"Okay then, I guess you can walk down to her house. Be careful!" She warned. I nodded and ran up to my room to get dressed. I actually wasn't going with Maura, she can drive so she's dropping me off at the Lanes. I went over to my closet and picked out a black spaghetti strap tank top, ripped denim jeans, and a flannel tied around my waist. I tied it off with white Converse. I put on some concealer, mascara, plum lipstick, and filled in my eyebrows. I left my hair in a messy bun. I grabbed my phone, house key, and some cash and stuffed them in my jean pocket.

"Bye Mum and Dad!" I yelled as I shut the front door and started on my walk to Maura's house. I ran down the driveway and shut the gate behind me, making sure the dogs don't run out.

I rang the doorbell once and Maura answered after a couple seconds. She was in some grey leggings, a white t-shirt that said 'Don't talk to me pls," and some white Vans. Her long, kinky red hair was pulled into two Dutch braids and she had minimal make-up on.

"Let's go," I said with a smile, showing off my big dimples. She smiled back and we walked to her mini (looks like Zoe's mini but it's cream).

Hey guys!

I'm back to updating this story! Don't forget to check out my other stories:

Sugg Sister and Adopted by Zalfie

VOTE THIS CHAPTER IF YOU LOVE POOL FLOATIES

Bye bye y'all :) xx