-27-

Eva's POV

"Eva!!"

I sat up in my bed, startled by the shout. I couldn't see straight and my hair was tangled up in front of my face. I glanced over at my clock. 5:17AM.

"What?" My voice cracked as my fists rubbed my eyes open.

"Get dressed and come downstairs now!" My eyebrows scrunched up. I heard a patter of footsteps outside my door, followed by the sound of tiny fists banging on it.

"Go away," I said groggily, ripping my duvet off of my body, making my bare legs shiver in the cool air. The banging didn't stop, but instead was followed by giggles.

I pulled open the door and looked down, seeing two small children at my feet. I rolled my eyes.

"Go downstairs."

"Daddy said for you to get us dressed," Emilia said, fiddling with the hem of her pajama pants.

I held up a finger. "One second. Go wait in your rooms."

Still confused by all the yelling going on so early in the morning, I pulled open the drawers of my dresser and pulled out some underwear and a bra. I peeled off my gray tank top and blue pajama shorts, throwing them into my dirty laundry bin.

I laid out a black Thrasher t-shirt, black leggings, and my black Sk8-Hi Vans with the white stripe. I also pulled on some fuzzy red socks, because why not.

After getting changed and lazily brushing the knots out of my long brown hair, I trudged down the stairs into Emilia's room first.

I got her into a pink t-shirt, gray leggings, and Ugg boots and brushed out her hair. After she was done and I got her downstairs, I put Eduardo into a white shirt with a pocket and some black shorts with his new black Nikes.

"Why are we up so early?" I asked, looking at my phone while my dad frantically ran around the kitchen grabbing random stuff.

"Because," he started, stepping in front of me. "Your mother's in labor!" He grinned.

I slapped my hand over my mouth. "Oh...oh..my god! Let's go!" I yelled, running out the door and hopping into the passenger seat of the car. Dad followed close behind, buckling up the kids into their car seats before stepping into the drivers side of the car.

Halfway through the car ride, I pulled out my vlogging camera.

"Hey friends, we're on our way to the hospital!" I whispered to the lens. I showed the camera the sleeping kids behind me.

I pointed the camera at my dad. He gave a thumbs up as he pulled into the hospital car park.

*

I shivered in the cool air as I stood outside the car with Eduardo asleep in my arms. Dad picked up Emilia's sleeping body and we started the long walk to the hospital's main entrance.

The heat from the vents above us whooshed onto Dad and I as we walked into the main lobby. We were surrounded by mourning families, fake plants, and loud beeps from all over the place. I sat in a chair to my left and laid Eduardo over my shoulder, smiling as I felt the hot air come out of his nose hit my earlobe in a steady rhythm.

Dad came over and sat a freshly-awakened Emilia on the empty plastic seat next to me. She curled up into a ball and fell asleep again.

"I'm going to ask where Mom is, so sit tight." He said, almost whispering.

I nodded. "Hurry up, you don't want to miss the baby!"

*

Our feet pattered on the carpeted floor as we jogged across the empty white hallway, dodging carts and opened doors.

"Here it is," Dad breathed, letting go of Eduardo's hand and opening the door carefully.

My eyes widened in excitement. "Oh..my god."