I .Voices Of The Day. I

"Norma Jeane, come down here and eat your breakfast, your aunt will be here in a few",says Gladys.

"Yes ma'am mama", Norma Jeane replied

*Knock, Knock, Knock*

"Shit", Gladys whispers

"Norma Jeane she's here now"

"Do you remember what I told you is our little secret sweetie ", she asked her with confidence.

"Yes mama, the voices that talk to you, and the screaming", Norma Jeane said with a smile.

"That's good honey, now have fun with your aunt today and I'll see you soon", she replied as she opened the door.

She saw her aunt and greeted her with a smile as she ran to get in the car.

"Oh Grace you think you've got everything figured out don't you", Gladys said slightly through the smile on her face.

"Gladys, you need help, you can't take care of her living like this", Grace said.

"I'm perfectly fine. She's all I need and I'm all she needs", Gladys replied as she grabbed her coat.

"Now if you can excuse me, I have an appointment with the doctors that you and your 'amazing husband' scheduled for me"

"They can help Gladys. You need it.", Grace replied as she looked down.

Grace entered the car and turned towards Norma Jeane with a smile asking,"Who's ready to go to the zoo"

Of course with the excitement of every child. She was thrilled.

While Norma Jeane and Aunt Grace looked at different zoo animals, Gladys looked at different test results. The results labeled her as schizophrenic, applying that she is unsuitable to take care of a child of any age, but she has yet to know.

Gladys POV

"Ms. Baker, it seems that you have a long line of schizophrenia in your family, by the looks of it, you shouldn't even be living alone"., says the doctor.

"So what are you trying to say to me exactly?", i asked.

"You have to be placed in a mental hospital, just until we can get your condition stabilized. Afterwards you'll be able to see your child."

"Excuse me doctor, but.....can I use your bathroom ", i asked as i stood up.

I've got to get out of here, I thought to myself. There's a window. I locked the doors and pushed the window open. I refuse to let them take Norma Jeane , away from me. I ran to the nearest phone to tell Grace to bring her back home before running to get in my car.

I begin to start my car.

"Ms. Baker, wait", the doctor yelled running for my car.

I sped off, looking at his fading body in my rear view mirror.

That's it Gladys, drive, drive as fast as you can.

"I am, I am ", I said to the voices.

I finally reached my home, opening the door.

"Mama, Mama", my daughter said running to hug me

I looked down at her, smiling before telling her to pack her bags for a new adventure. She asked me with a smile where we were going. I replied with," somewhere only we know".