XXXII. Dream Vs Reality .XXXII

As I slowly saw the bullet come towards my direction I couldn't think of any reason why I didn't deserve this. Why shouldn't Jr. hate me after I lied to him and his brother multiple times ? Why should he listen to anything I have to say and actually believe it ? What excuse would I give to show him I would be better than I was? I couldn't think of an answer. I knew how this would play out.

And just like that he shot me.

I jumped out of my sleep panting.

"Cassius, are you okay ?", NJ asked as she grabbed my back.

"Yea it was just a bad dream"

"Do you want to talk about it ?"

I looked up to the wall. Thinking of where I should start.

"I had a dream Jr. shot me. Straight in my head and not thinking twice about it."

"Cassius, baby, it was just a bad dream"

"But the look in his eyes NJ.... I felt like it was him doing it in real life. There was no sorrow in him, no generosity... just disappointment and genuine hate for me. It felt so real."

"I know Cassius, but you can't let this keep you down."

I put my head between my hands and began to cry. I could feel the disappointment from miles away.

"I feel like I made the wrong decision. Not with you but with how I told him. I did lie to him to make it easier because I know it would be hard to understand."

"Look Cassius....I'm not mad at you and I understand. The only thing we can do is hope they see it from your point of view as well.", she said.

"You're right I suppose."

"I'm always right, now lay back down baby."

I laid back down and she began to rub my back, I guess to know that I was becoming more relaxed. I finally found myself back to sleep.

When I woke up NJ was still asleep. I decided it was time to do some baby shopping, besides, it's not everyday that NJ and I would be having a baby together.

I left her a note saying I'd be back later.

Now I'm not the best baby shopper but come on, babies and kids don't need a lot to be happy. It's the simple things in life that matter anyways, right ?

When I was coming back, I stopped by the store to get food to cook for tonight. I was going to cook her favorite, spaghetti. When I walked in the house it was like she was waiting for me the whole time.

"Finally you're home", she said as she got up to hug me and kiss my cheek.

"Yea hunny I'm sorry, had to go baby shopping and get some groceries. I also walked around town just to clear my head a little more."

"Clear your head more ?"

"That dream from last night was still bothering me, but I've moved past it now."

"Well good", she said

She looked through the bags I brought in the house.

"Is there something wrong?"

"You said you went baby shopping but I don't see anything.", she said laughing

"Oh that's because it's outside.", I said with a smile.

"My word Cassius what did you buy."

I began to laugh.

"Come on I'll show you", I said as I grabbed her hand making sure her eyes were covered.