XVI.Other Side.XVI

Cassius POV

*ring ring*

I dreaded picking up the phone since it was about 2 am.

"Yes hello"

"Is this the family of Edward Clay"

"Yes who is this"

"I'm the doctor that was treating your brother... Im afraid to tell you, your brother has passed"

I immediately could no long hear a word the doctor was saying.

"DEAD?", I yelled

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN DEAD"

I was in disbelief as the doctor tried to explain.

"He passed just a few minutes ago sir. We did all we could to bring him back."

"Listen. I don't know what kind of sick joke this is, but get a better one, AND GET THE HELL OFF MY PHONE, DONT HERE CALL ANYMORE!!!", I yelled as I slammed the phone down.

I left the house.

I ran into the hospital and saw that what he said was true.

Filled with anger and sadness and I ran out. I didn't get back in the car, I just continued to run. I ran all the way to the place I took NJ.

I wanted to kill myself, I always kept a gun on my side. I pulled it out to look at it.

I heard a car door close.

"Cassius", said a familiar voice

I turned around to see NJ.

"Cassius your parents told me what happened", she said coming closer to me.

"I'm out her in my damn sleeping clothes Cassius the most you can do is look my way"

I held the gun up to my head.

"Ca...Cassius what are you doing"

"Why did he have to take him NJ. Why he couldn't take me"

"Cassius please...put the gun down"

"I wanna be with him NJ. I wanna go"

"Cassius please think of everything you have"

I thought to myself. My son. My parents. NJ. I don't even know my next move.

She came closer to me.

"Cassius please. Alright. I can't make it without you. Look, look up in the sky. A shooting star."

I looked up.

"You know what my wish is Cassius... please do it ", she said crying

I closed my eyes. As soon as I did I felt her come closer and put her lips on mine.

"Please Cassius "

I put the gun down and looked at her, tears both in our eyes.

"Give me the gun"

I did as she asked. She pulled my head tightly into her chest as I cried to her.

"I know Cassius, I know ", she said as I cried harder with each breath.

"Tell me what I should do", I said to her hoping she knew