X .Different Paths. X

I closed the door in her face, hoping that I wouldn't have have to see it again until I knew she was being truthful.

I went to the bar that night. I had no intentions about coming back home. I wanted to get drunk to the point where I was in a coma too, maybe then me and Eddy could be back how we was.

"Cassius you here again", Odessa asked

"Yea, a lot been on my mind"

"I heard about your brother. How's he doing?"

"The doctors say he's stable ya know. He doing perfectly fine."

"But are you Cassius "

"Noo, not really ", I stated.

" You want to come back to my house and talk about it?"

"You know what Odessa...that don't sound to bad at all"

After that conversation the rest of the night was a blur. From what she told , hell must've finally froze over.

Norma Jeanes POV

"Well here we are. Our new home", James said as he looked around with opened arms.

 Our new home", James said as he looked around with opened arms

" it's beautiful James, it really is"

"We just need a few more decorations, but look, we have a window. Nice views to look at, a nice bed"

"Plenty of space for us"

"I'm glad you like it. Now, how about you give me some of what I've been waiting for, for the longest, Mrs. Doughtery ", he said as he kissed my neck.

He led me to the bed, and got on top of me.

"James I'm not really in the mood for that quite yet".

"Really, after all this time ? Well what are you in the mood for?"

"Some rest....its been a long day"

"Norma Jeane it's our honeymoon night and you want to sleep?"

I shook my head.

"Well if that's how you want it then so be"

He got from above me to look in my eyes.

I turned my back towards him.

I couldn't help but to think about the pain Cassius was in to send me off that way. He knew that I wouldn't see him for months.

They way he responded he never wanted to see me again.

Many months later, I found myself still mourning over both Cassius and Eddy.

James was finally shipped over seas and I've moved back to Van Nuys. I work at a Radioplane Company now, helping make pilotless aircrafts. Technically you can say I'm helping with the way since we do send these over to the fighters.