IX .Get Up. IX

Cassius POV

"Did you hear that", I asked NJ as I looked out the window

"I'm sure it was nothing Cassius"

"No, it sounded like a gun"

"So what's the problem "

"Eddy's out there", I said

We both looked at Eachother and quickly ran out the door.

"Where'd he go", she asked with a panic

"To the store, he went to get flowers"

We looked around before getting in my car to speed off to the direction to where Eddy should be walking from.

I saw a body laying down on the street and immediately pulled over.

God please don't let it be who I think it is.

There was no cars or anything, I wouldn't be able to tell what happened even if I wanted to.

I ran out the car with NJ following slowly behind.

I fell to the ground before I reached the body to see that is was Eddy, my brother.

I began to yell as I crawled to his body.

"No, no, no, Eddy please, please get up", I wept

His body laid there with his eyes opened.

I pulled his body up to hold the higher part in my arms.

"Talk to me Ed, please, say something. Please don't leave me here", I cried. I held him in a puddle of his own blood.

"Eddy, Cassius...",NJ began

"DO SOMETHING, CALL THE AMBULANCE, HELP ME", I yelled.

"Eddy, come back to me bro, come back.", I laid him down and began to give CPR.

"No matter. What we do. We do it together", I said as I  cried and pumped on his chest, pushing air into his body.

"Because we're brothers forever", I said finishing my attempts.

"I called them Cassius, they're coming", NJ said

She tried to touch me, which in response I yelled.

"GET OFF ME. GET AWAY FROM US."

She took steps back and sat far behind me crying.

I didn't want to yell at her but I was so hurt. I should've been there with him.

The ambulance showed up about 5 minutes later.

They wouldn't let me go to the hospital with them, I would have to drive there myself.

I dropped NJ off, if Eddy goes , I don't want her to see too.

My parents showed up a couple of minutes after I arrived to the hospital.

The doctors said they would have to perform surgery to get the bullet out of him.

They showed us where the bullet entered his body. Turned out, it was just one but two.

Hours later, the four of us are sitting in Eddys room while he's hooked up to the machines.

"The doctors said they think you gone do just fine Ed.", I said holding his hand.