XXV. The Bees . XXV

I heard nothing.

"Hello ? I said this Cassius Clay on the phone."

I looked at Odessa with a smirk.

"Oh stop playing Cassius, hand me that phone"

I did as she said. She put her ear to the phone to hear the same as I did, nothing.

When she handed it back, I hung it up.

"Conversation over Odessa. You can't win"

"It's never gonna be over with you Cassius. You lie", she said as she walked away

"Says the hypocrite herself", I said laughing continuing to drink my alcoholic beverage.

I did wonder who called. And if they did for a reason why would they stay quiet ?

I slept on the couch that night, sleeping in the bed with her didn't feel right all these years anyways.

The phone rang again late that night.

*ring, ring, ring, ring*

"Who is it", I said

Marilyn's POV

"Hello ? I said this Cassius Clay on the phone"

I could just hear the anger in his voice. It's like he knew it was me. I stayed quiet, maybe he does actually hate me.

He hung up. I felt so ashamed. We left on such horrible terms, why would he even hear me out ? I'll try again later on in the night after Joe is sleep.

I set up dinner.

"So hunny how was your day at the doctors "

"It was good....", I said hoping he would drop the subject

"Well..."

"Well what ?", I asked

"Jesus Chri.... what did they say", he demanded

"Nothing Joe, just the flu that's been going around, nothing serious"

"The flu ? You've got to be...", he said as he slammed on the table wiping his mouth and tongue off.

"I have a very important game coming up and you felt it upon yourself to try and get me sick", he said as he walked towards me

He put his hand up.

"Wait joe I'm sorry !!", I yelled while covering my face

He looked at me before walking off.

"I'm going to bed. Make sure you clean this mess up.", he lastly stated.

I took my precious time cleaning just so I could know he was good and asleep before I called Cassius again."

I ran to the phone. I had to give myself a prep talk before hand.

"Cassius it's me. No, no that sounds to plain he'll hang up as soon as I say his name. Can we talk Cassius ? No, no that's not getting straight to the point. Well you see Cassius the birds and the bees and now babies. No, no, nooo. What am I going to do.", I asked as I looked at the phone.

I got a strong courage, dialed the number and waited, hoping for no one to answer.

*ring, ring, ring, ring*

"Hello?", a sleepy voice said

"I'm pregnant with your bees Cassius this is Nj", I blurted.