XI .You Sign, I Sign. XI

"You have a call from your husband James overseas, would you like to talk to him?"

"Yes please"

"Hello sweetheart "

"Hi James, how is everything "

"It's going fine, being out here in the seas, really makes you value everything on land."

"It better. I can't wait for you to get back, I miss you"

"I miss you too honey.... Maybe when I get back, we can finally talk about that family we've been wanting to start"

"All in due time"

"I love you Norma Jeane"

"I love you too James, stay safe"

After two years of commitment, I've came to realize some things. I might not ever go back to where I'm from and James is the only thing now that I have left.

I haven't seen that reporter after those photos, looks like they didn't go as global as we both hoped.

*ring, ring*

"Yes hello ?"

"Is this Norma Jeane Doughtery "

"Does everyone ask for me the same way here, yes this is she"

"This is Ben Lyon with 20th Century Fox"

"Fox ? Well what could Fox possibly want with me"

"We'd like to schedule an interview with you, we've been thinking about signing a contract with you so you can be apart of the fox family"

"Fox ? THE Fox ? Are these lies ?"

"No ma'am they aren't, come Friday at 12 in the afternoon, don't be late "

"You've got it, you've got it", I said excitingly

"Goodbye!"

I stared at the phone for 30 minutes before coming to realization of what just happened. 20th Century Fox wants to sign me ! A small town girl..how did they even find out about me ? Must've been the picture.

"I've gotta tell somebody "

Immediately the first person to come to mind was Cassius, but I knew he wouldn't want that. I didn't even know his number.

"Aunt Grace, she'll want to hear about this... Maybe I could even bring her along"

I picked up the phone to dial her number. She was so excited that she wanted to come along.

The next day

"Oh Norma Jeane I can't believe we're in here, look, look at all the props"

"I see aunt grace, costumes, actors, they have everything in here", I said as I looked around.

"Are you Miss Norma Jeane Doughtery?", asked a man

"Why yes I am"

"I'm Ben Lyon, we speaker on the phone. Right this way into my office, I've been waiting for your arrival ", he said leading the way.

Minutes later, Aunt Grace and I are sitting across the table looking at him.

"Might I say, you are more beautiful than the pictures"

I couldn't help but smile.

"Now, we are thinking about signing you to this contract. But there are some circumstances you'll have to give in to"

"What is it ? I'll do anything "

"We'll Miss Doughtery, it seems to be that you are a Mrs. instead of a Miss. We can't have marriage, it puts the audience down. Especially if you were to get pregnant. So if you want the contract and the deal of a lifetime....you have to be divorced."