XIV .Long Time, No See. XIV

I swore I blacked out, I stopped hearing everything.

"Dad, dad, hellooooo"

"Yea, yea son. Are you sure it was her ?"

"Yes dad it was. She talked to me and everything, she's just like the movies. Nice, blonde, she even gave me her signature on one of your old pictures.", he said excitingly

"I'm glad you met her"

"Me too dad, I'm going to keep this forever. Her energy reminded me of yours a little"

"Why do you say that"

"I don't know. It's just, I feel motivated around you, and when I met her, I felt the same energy"

"Is that so ? Well you get some rest, I'll call home tomorrow ", I said laughing.

"Okay dad, love ya"

"Love you too son."

Eddys POV

"Well Mr. Edward, it seems that the fluid is filling to a very fast rate."

"Tell me something new doc"

"Well with the fluid flowing up your spinal cord this can cause many health problems"

"You guys said I'm healthy as a horse. And I feel fine"

"That may be true but that was when we thought the fluid would drain out."

"So....what's the solution then", I asked

"there may not be one. You may have to stay hospitalized "

"No,no, no. What about the X-rays what do they say"

" well it shows where the bullet put a crack in your spine. All though we got most of the pieces out, we couldn't get every remain, which is causing the fluid buildup"

" come on doc. I've been in this hospital for about 8, 9 years.... Staying here is the last I want to do"

" not staying here can be risky Edward"

"And if I do stay here? Then what, can you help"

"Well eventually the pain will kick in and start to overwhelm you. Either your whole body will go into shock while you're awake or we can put you in a medically induced coma"

I layed my head back.

"So....either way, Ima go into shock. And then what after that"

He got quiet.

"I'll die, won't I", I asked as I bit my lip letting out tears

" I'm afraid so... Being put in a medically induced coma will allow you to not feel pain"

"Doc I've been in one for a long time.... I can't do that again to my family. Them coming in here to talk to me. It's like talking to a damn ghost. I can't respond or nothing but I can hear them"

"It's your choice"

I paused.

".....You wanna know how I got here ? I was just going to the store to buy flowers. A man that didn't want his fiancé to be with my brother shot me. He coulda took my life there....but God let me see another day. He letting me see this day, and plenty of more. So I don't want to be put in a coma, I wanna live everyday being able to open my eyes until this shock hits me"