V .Fuck You. V

The announcer raised Cassius hand before announcing him the winner.

"NJ what are you doing here", he asked

"I heard that there was a Clay vs Thomas fight going on, some ladies were talking about it. I just wanted to see what happened.", I said before he left to put on his clothes for the movies.

We walked to his car as he continued to talk to me. 

"I'm glad you liked it but don't think I want you coming to any more. Some of the men in the stands get real touchy-feely, and if one touched you, they'd probably be the next to get knocked out by me"

"Cassius your moves out there....they were so strong but delicate. The speed you had, made you look like you floated, like a...a um"

"Like a what, butterfly ", he said with a smile

"Exactly, you floated like a butterfly "I replied

"Well since we're talking about animals I guess he stung like a bee", Eddy said from the back seat.

"Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee? That's not so bad of a saying", Amanda said.

"It's not, especially for someone that'll become a prodigy", I stated.

We finally arrived to the movie theater.

"Four tickets for Rebecca please", Cassius asked

He handed us our tickets before saying, " We'll see you girls on the other side."

Cassius POV

Back in these days, blacks sat on one side of the movies, whites on the other. We thought we could test the odds and sit somewhere where the line of division was. It worked for the time being.

"So how has your new life been with your parents", NJ asked

"It's been great. They really support me and Eddy you know. At first we were both skeptical but we got used to it. They home schooled us, they ain't want people trying to separate us because of our skin. It's been a pretty nice life, boxing classes, everything. How about you and your parents ", I asked

She looked at me for a second.

"I actually live with my aunt grace. Over the years I just went from orphanage to orphanage."

"I'm sorry to hear that"

"Don't be you know, I still have a pretty good life", she stated before pausing.

"Things really changed after you left Cassius. You were always there to protect me and hold me tight any time someone tried to touch me. After you left it just continued...I didn't have my protector anymore"

"Hey NJ you don't say that alright. I may not have been there with you in person but I was there protecting you with spirit", I stated.

"I know, it's just, I missed you is all"

"You don't have to miss me no more. I'm not leaving you"

"You know Cassius, you're the only person that I feel like would've believed me with my whole wanting to be famous dream."

"What is it that you want to do exactly "

"I just want to be famous. Have the whole world know who I am. I want to sing and dance, take pictures, be on tv, just turn this life that looks like nothing, into something."