XIII .Do It. XIII

I had to figure out a way for Odessa not to see me....her, Rahman, or Jr.

I knew if I said I was going on a business trip she wouldn't try to find me. So I told her exactly that.

"How long will you be gone"

"Oh just for a few weeks, not to long. I'll be writing ya"

"Well alright honey, I love you", she said as she kissed me.

"I love you too"

"And Jr. You protect ya mama okay? And don't stop practicing ya boxing. Do it daily, I know you're the best"

"Never gonna stop, I'll practice till I'm greater than you, that won't take long huh"

"Haha, we'll see"

After that I went back to my parents house. Old folks was still alive. Told them I'd be staying for a few years, had to make sure fox knew nothing of my family.

Eddy called the house in a stir, knew I had to go check on him.

"Eddy what's wrong, you called the house about 7 times"

"Those playboys you brought me, look at this, who do you see?", he said hysterically

"NJ"

"That's right NJ, what is she doing on here", he asked

"I don't know, she's signed with Fox, I know this can't be her life."

"You need to help her find herself again Cassi. Remind her who she is."

"You're right Ed. Hey, if Odessa and Jr. come here tell them you haven't seen me since the day you woke up"

"But why?"

"Just...do this for me Ed."

"Alright Cassi, anything "

I left the hospital to get some rest for my meeting with Fox tomorrow.

"Cassius Clay ? How do you do, I'm Ben Lyon"

"It's nice to meet you"

He led me to his office and showed me the contract. I wasn't going that easy.

"Before I sign this, I want to know why is Marilyn Monroe on playboy"

"You see Mr. Cassius, we couldn't get her money until she became more known. The way she chose seemed to help her much but we did have other ways."

"Well it seemed that those ways weren't known to her. I won't sign this. I refuse to."

"Well that's to bad, we figured you two could've went down to your old hometown. She finally meets the person that is the reason for her new fame."

"No no don't do that. You wouldn't have to convince her to do that, she'd come anyways, to see me"

"By the looks of this playboy, you won't be the only one seeing her", he said laughing.

"Thank you for this meeting today. But I think I'll stay where I'm at", I said as I stood up.

"Well since you say that, maybe I should rip her contract as well"

"You do that and you'd be losin out on something big. She's beautiful, she dances, she sings, she's funny, she can play just about any role I've ever seen someone play in my life, not to include ....", I began

"Sounds like you're in love. This industry has no interest for love stories.You're statements are done here. Please leave", he interrupted

"You know since you're so eager with your threats, how about you do it now. Rip it now, rip it later, whenever you do I'll know"