III .Even If I Tried. III

"Because....we're brothers forever", I finished.

I turned to my new parents.

"I can't leave without him...please he's my brother"

"Well he wasn't included but", the man said as he looked to his wife.

" I suppose we can let you stay one more night", his wife said.

"And what about Eddy", I asked

"We'll ask Ms. Georgia about it. Now you sleep tight son, after today no more staying."

"Alright you got it", I said with joy.

I ran to find Norma Jeane.

"So what you really thought you was gone party without me ?", I asked with a smile.

"Cassius", she yelled as she ran towards me to give me a hug.

"Woah I thought you hated me"

"I just said it so you could stay. Now my birthday will be great."

"Yea well I got a surprise for ya."

Now was the big moment.

"What is it"

I told her to close her eyes before grabbing her and giving her a kiss on the lips.

She opened her eyes looking at me in shock.

"So...do we date now"

"I'm not for sure", I said as we laughed.

The rest of the day we all laughed and joked around until Ms. Georgia made us go to bed.

In the middle of the night I got up to get some water, before I was interrupted by someone telling someone else to calm down.

Thank god I walked by when I did.

"What's goin on here Mr. Shawn", I asked

Mr. Shawn was one of the orphanage care takers too. I always knew something wasn't right with that guy. He would always come in Norma Jeanes room late at night and I would always stop him, but come on, on her birthday?

"How about you leave my girlfriend there alone before I tell Ms. Georgia "

"Cassius you should be sleep"

"We'll see who gets in more trouble if I tell. Now leave"

He got up and left.

"What'd he do to you", I asked Norma Jeane.

"He touched me.", she said

"Where ?"

"On my private parts"

"Again? That cracker, I'll kill him before he touches you again"

"Cassius, just calm down okay, look you're here now. That's all that matters", she said.

I laid beside her and hugged her all night like I normally do when Mr. Shawn comes into her room, but this time Ms. Georgia found us.

I told her everything that happened. She got me and Eddy dressed in our best suits waiting for our new parents.

"Y'all will come back and visit right", Cindy asked.

"You know we will"

"Wow you guys weren't lying about doing things together huh", Norma Jeane asked.

"Came in together, leave together", I looked at her before we walked out.

" I'll see you on the other side NJ.", I said