Get that Work

For TamiyaSherman
   Hakeem sits up in bed as his phone non stops buzzing, he looks besides him to see Tamiya is still asleep on her side with her arm across his bare chest. Last night, was one of the best night of his life; he got to marry the girl he is in love with and they made love for the first time. Rubbing his eyes, he picks his phone up off the nightstand and sees Cookie is calling.

"Hello" he says, his voice scratchy and deep.

"We need you and Miya to get to Empire fast" Cookie says.

"Why" he asks?

"Tyriq is coming after us" Cookie says.

"Ma I just got married" Hakeem says.

"It is an emergency" Cookie says and Hakeem turns around to see Miya out of bed and heading towards the bathroom with clothes in her hand.

"Sorry" he mouths to her but she waves her hand and says it ok.

-X-
At Empire, Miya and Hakeem are sitting in Lucious's office with papers displayed in front of them on the table.

"What is he trying to use against you" Hakeem asks his dead?

"It was before you were born" Lucious says walking in the room with Cookie behind him.

Andre walks in on the phone with Thirsty, he hangs up and looks at his family.

"Thirsty said that as long as we reject testifying against Dad he should be fine. But they will most likely go after mom" Andre says.

"I ain't no snitch" Cookie says.

"They will try to break you, including threatening to hurt your sons" Andre says.

"No one is going to hurt my Cubs" Cookie states.

"Miya don't you have an uncle who works in the FBI" Lucious asks?

"Yes but he isn't going to risk his job for you, I'm sorry" Miya says.

"Maybe there is another way" Hakeem asks?

"Like what" Andre asks?

"Mom has to marry Dad again" Hakeem says.

"Say what" Cookie asks?

"He's right a wife can't testify against her husband and Anika is no longer a problem to us" Andre says.

"You want me to marry him" Cookie asks?

"It's the only way" Miya says.

"Look Hakeem and Miya go work youralbum. We can not let this out Empire behind, your album is to drop in three weeks" Cookie says.

Hakeem stands up and grasps his wife's hand and makes their way out of the office.

-X-
In the studio, Hakeem has put Chasing the Sky as number one on his album which he named Legacy.

Miya steps beside him and wraps her arms around his neck from behind, he sighs and places his hands over hers.

"I'm sorry you had to spend your honeymoon fixing my family problems' he says.

"We're married now Hakeem. Your family is my family" she says moving his chair out and sitting on his lap.

"So why don't we make our own song and put it on the album" he suggests?

"Let's call it Wifed Up" she suggests and he just looks at her.

"I can make it work" he says and shrugs.

She smiles and leans down pressing a kiss to his lips, she then turns around so her back is facing him and gets to work on the new song.