Chapter Thirty Nine

I laid on the uncomfortable bed with Evan by my right, his eagerness was well and truly on show as he held my hand tightly. The doctor running the scanner over my stomach and watching the screen was making me nervous.

We had the early appointment of 4am, mostly due to not wanting the press to find out about our child just yet, I wanted to keep that under wraps for as long as possible and the other major thing was we had a flight at 5am to go to Melbourne. Evan organised that for me as I just couldn’t focus on anything, I was very nervous about it all still.

“Well, I can see you’re definitely pregnant so congratulations,” Dr Mathers smiled and pointed to the screen, a small flickering of a heartbeat was just beside his long finger.

“Oh thank fuck.” Evan grinned at me even after I shot him a look, him and his fowl mouth, “I’m so glad.” He corrected.

“Emilia, you’re around six to seven weeks, come back in a month and we will do another scan then.” Dr Mathers spoke and printed out small photo.

Evan took that right away and placed it inside his pocket, “So everything looks well and ok?” I asked, I was still worried.

“I know you’re afraid but there is no need to be. Everything is going as well as expected, take it easy, when you’re tired rest. I’m sure Evan will take good care of you.” He wiped my tummy clean and that was pretty much it, I was set to go.

I drove home, only because someone couldn’t take his eyes off the photo of our baby growing inside my stomach.

“So you’re still happy right?” I asked to make sure, I didn’t want him to feel tricked or trapped.

Evan let out a loud laugh, “More than happy baby.” he smiled, glancing over at me for a moment and then looking back at the photo.

I pulled into the drive of the private airport and spotted Flynn standing there in a sexy grey suit. What was it with these men and wearing suits constantly? Evan was in a slightly dark grey suit with a black shirt, his sleeves rolled to his elbows and he looked damn sexy. Evan Mason was a fine piece of ass right now and I was ready to jump his bones, I would jump him if it wasn’t for Flynn watching us like a hawk.

Another thing was that we had to tell Flynn about the baby news. I was more nervous and anxious to do that than to let Evan’s family know.

A hand touched my arm and I jumped a little, “Emilia, breathe and relax. We don’t need to tell him until you’re ready.” Evan said quietly as I parked.

I turned and faced him. Giving him a smile, because he was absolutely right.

Flynn had squeezed the life out of me as soon as I got out of the car, I held him back just as tight while Evan and Jed shook hands and done the manly thing. It was good to see Flynn, he looked happy. He looked relaxed and it was hard to believe that he had gone and gotten married.

Was I jealous or upset? Not at all. I was thrilled for them.