Chapter Twenty Five

The knocking on the door continued, I was leaning with my back against the wall, telling myself that I wasn't going to cry.

I didn't want to cry and be that girl any more and I was trying not to cry for Haven.

I took a deep breath and opened the door again “what are you doing here” I asked quietly blocking off the doorway with my arm.

“you need to let me explain things and I need answers from you Emilia, trust works both ways and we both have been hiding things from each other, we both fucked up” he rushed out obviously afraid that I would close the door again.

He was right though, we both had fucked up, I hid the biggest thing in my life from him and I was acting as if that didn't matter, that he was the one in the wrong when all he did was nothing, he didn't do anything and I was mad at him for that.

“my bath” I suddenly squeaked turning around running back to the en suite, the bath was almost filled to the top when I raced in to turn it off, bubbles were over flowing slightly. I heard footsteps behind me and I knew this was going to be a long night.

I turned around and he was just leaning against the door frame, he actually looked a mess, his eyes dark and tired looking, his hair a mess and the suit was crinkled “Evan” I spoke, how I missed saying that name out loud, how I missed him so much and now he was standing here in front of me.

In the flesh like a had been wanting for so long.

“I miss you” he spoke again stepping forward, he didn't make any moves to touch me, he just looked me dead in the eyes, I wanted to reach my hand out and touch him, to make sure if this was real or I was just imagining it.

“I don't know what to say to you” I looked away from him “seven weeks Evan and I hear nothing from you, I gave you a chance at your office and you let me walk out” I shrugged at him.

“I made a mistake, I let you go when I should have begged you to stay” he said in a soft voice.

“You broke up with me, you told me I was just sex and you could never love me, I told you I loved you and you did nothing” I turned to face the mirror and started to pull the pins out of my hair.

“I fucked up, I completely fucked up and hurt the only thing I was care about” he whispered as his eyes looked to mine through the mirror.

“yeah your all out of fuck ups” I muttered as I rolled my eyes letting out a heavy sigh, Evan's hand reach up taking mine and starting to pull the pins himself, I watched as the hair fell down down my back, falling into soft curls and once all the pins were out Evan turned me around to face him.

“When I got that email I was expecting a shit load of abuse, I didn't even open it I just sat staring at it for hours and then when I did I didn't expect it to be a goodbye message, to say that your going to move on and it was pretty much closure for you, I felt my heart breaking at the thought of you really leaving me and being with someone else, I had to beg Flynn to tell me where you was so I could come to you, I read every page you wrote on the way here, that photo was the one thing that stayed in my mind Emilia, why didn't you tell me you had a child with him, I would have understood, I could have dealt with that if you told me instead of blocking out something so important to you” his hands were holding mine tightly in his, his eyes blinked and I noticed his tears falling on his cheek as he let out a shaky breath.

I have never seen him look so vulnerable and heartbroken.

“Emilia I have never been so lonely and scared since you left, give me one chance to prove I wont ever hurt you again, if I have to spend the rest of my life making it up to you then I will”