Chapter 54 - Thursday

Thursday.

"Ms. Gomez." I looked up and saw Ms. Santiago handing me out my English test paper. "Thanks."

"Congratulations dear! You got the highest score among all the third year students." she added. My eyes broadened and came into focus. "Seriously? An A+?!" I screamed with excitement. "Woah this is impossible!"

I'm just kidding I really know I'd get a perfect score. I spent some time alone with my books the other day and all I did was to read them out of boredom.

"Great job kiddo!" Keith gave me a pat on the back while wiggling her eye brows. "Thanks." I giggled.

"Way to go, Allie." Nathan tapped my shoulder twice and gave me a warm smile. "Thanks Nathan!" I turned my back on him but he tapped my shoulder once more. "Yeah?" I asked. Seriously, what is his deal?

"Can I ask you something?" He whispered. I raised both of my eye brows, impatiently waiting for his 'question'. "I need a tutor for English and if you're free I'd-"

"Sorry but I can't tutor people. I don't have time. Maybe you should ask somebody else." I instantly replied and turned my back on him again.

Honestly, I am not really that mean. I just don't waste my time on other people besides my family and close friends.

"Class, I would like you to do an activity right now which is to write a poem about anything. Pick your own topic. Start!" Ms. Santiago announced then sat on her chair and started reading a book.

A poem? Seriously? I'm not good at this but I'm good at writing essays though.

As usual, when Ms. Santiago told us to create our own poem, I heard hysterical cries, exaggerated moans and I even heard someone scream "Now?! Dang it!" I just want to get started on doing the poem without even complaining about a little thing. But it is really normal for those drama to happen when a teacher starts to let her students do some activity.

So I got a piece of paper from my bag and started arranging my thoughts. Hmm. Nah, I got nothing.

"Keith.." I whispered while slowly elbowing her.

"What?" she whispered back.

"I have no idea what to write."

"Write about music, family, friends or even Julian. Now let me concentrate!" She irritatedly whispered back.

That gave me a light bulb. "Thank you!" I replied, enthusiastically getting another piece of paper as a draft.

JULIAN'S POINT OF VIEW

In the middle of our Physical Ed class-we were playing basketball-someone called and excused me. So I quickly grabbed my hand towel and a bottle of cold water and ran outside the gym. I wiped out the sweat all over my face and hanged the towel on my shoulder. Then I saw a fully clad man wearing a suit and tie.

"Mr. Trono?" His deep voice frightened me.

"Yes?" I gasped then swallowed hard, looking at the man with curiousity.

"I've been sent here to give you this." He handed to me a brown folder with a quite serious look on his face that made me very nervous.

I held the brown folder and slowly opened it. I looked at the man once and swallowed hard as I carefully pulled the paper out the folder with my fingers. I read everything written on it then my heart started pounding. "Woah." I said to myself. The words written flabbergasts me to the bones. "Wow. Thank you sir!" I blissfully said to the fine man. "Your welcome! If you have any questions, just call or text okay?" A slight smile lighted up on his face. "Yes sir." I replied back, carefully returning the paper inside the folder.

"Thank you Lord for this!" I whispered to the Lord and performed the sign of the cross. Then I ran back inside the gym-still full of enthusiasm.

ALLIE'S POINT OF VIEW

I'm finally done with the poem so I stood up and put my paper on Ms. Santiago's desk-who is now comfortably sleeping with her book resting on top of her face. My classmates started murmuring about it then laughed silently.

"Okay guys it really is hilarious but please continue with your poem." Ariana, our class president, announced.

Everyone suddenly stopped with their murmur thing and continued doing their poems.

So I sat back on my arm chair and started bugging Keith. She wasn't finish with her work yet but that didn't stop me from saying random stuffs just to annoy her. Well yeah she is my bestfriend.

"Quit it Allison!" Yes, she did it on purpose. Ugh I hate it when she calls me that. "Foul!" I poked her shoulder with my forefinger then laughed. "Ugh?" Then she poked me back and laughed too.

I accidentally hit someone with my clumsy arm that made the paper in his hand fly. But I was too alert, and I quickly clenched the paper with my hand. "I'm so sorry I had to catch it and I kind of crumpled it." I apologized and gave the paper to... Nathan? Oh so it was just him. "Nathan, I'm sorry again." I repeated, giving back the slightly crumpled paper. "It's ayt." He replied and walked towards Ms. Santiago.

_____________________________________________________________________