Chapter 56 - "The Girl with the Charm Bracelet"

Good morning Saturday!

I got out of bed and grabbed some pancakes inside the fridge. I sat on the high chair and spread some pancake syrup all over my pancake. I took one bite then remembered something abruptly. My homework.

So I moved my butt out of the high chair and grabbed my backpack that was hanging on the door knob. I opened it and checked my daily diary. Ugh geometry homework again. Then I checked if my geometry book was in my bag but sadly, it wasn't there. "Aw man." I said to myself. "What's the prob?" Keith lazily got out of bed and walked towards the fridge. "I forgot my geometry book. I'll just get it later when I feel like walking out of the building." I replied.

Several hours have passed. After taking a warm bath, I proceeded to the other building to get my geometry book inside my locker. Yes, it is pretty important for me to walk to the other building just to get it. On my way towards my locker, I grabbed the key inside my hoodie pocket and unlocked the padlock. Something fell when I opened my locker-it was a folded paper. Okay, how old-fashioned is the fella who slipped this neatly folded paper inside my locker? Psh.

At first, I ignored the flying paper and took my book then closed the locker and locked it again. I took one pace and found my foot stepping on the paper. I got curious so I was forced to pick it up. I unfolded it, neatly, then I recognized the penmanship. It was Nathan's. But wait, why is his english poem inside my locker? How peculiar.

So I walked back in our dorm while reading the poem.

"The Girl with the Charm Bracelet"
by: Nathan Gill

I know how you feel inside
You're inlove and so am I
But you're with some other guy
I want to be the one by your side

I don't want to end up in your rearview
I want to be someone you can turn to
And not someone you turn your back on; It hurts
It does make me feel like a total jerk

I know I annoy the hell out of you
But what am I supposed to do?
Although I haven't talked to you yet
The girl with the charm bracelet

Wow, I don't know what to feel. Should I feel guilty? Mean? Rude? I don't know. I'm still a bit naive with my mind but I somehow got the message Nathan wanted to send me. That I always turn my back on him and act all snobbish around him.

So I entered our room, still holding the folded paper and my Geometry book, with a depressed expression on my face. "Dude, what's up??" Keith jumped out of bed and paced towards me. This time I showed no emotion and simply handed the paper to Keith. She looks at me curiously and finally unfolds it. It took her 35 seconds to read the whole poem. "Oh my goodness. Where did you get this??" She handed it back to me as I sat down on my bed-elbows dropped depressingly, portraying a pouty expression on my face.

"Inside my locker." I replied "He must've slipped it inside." I added with a deep sigh. "Aww, Allie." Keith sat beside and and circled her arms around me and tapped my back twice. "Cheer up!" She said. "I feel so guilty, mean, and rude. I never disappointed someone before.." I frustratedly covered my whole face with my hands then moaned. "Hey cupcake, don't worry! I'm pretty sure you two will be okay. I guarantee you." Keith encouraged. I nodded and faked a smile. "I hope so."

JULIAN'S POINT OF VIEW

I'm currently in school right now-at the auditorium, to be exact. Yes, it's Saturday. Today, I am obliged to watch the rehearsal of 'Another Cinderella Story' play (even though I'm not the prince anymore). Sir Stephan insisted that I should be here today. And he also demanded that if they don't find another 'prince', the whole play would shut down and the blame goes to me. That's too harsh. I mean, guilt would hunt me and bury me alive. I can't cope with that situation, I just can't.

But the good thing here is they've already found the perfect prince, Drew Christian.

"Alright everyone, take 5!" The assistant director announced. People started using their 5-minute break on memorizing their lines or eat or whatever. "Julian!" Sir Stephan shouted from the back. I ran towards him. "What's up?" He placed his hand on top of my shoulder. "Would you give Drew Christian here a little of your 'tips or advices' on how to be a great prince?" Sir Stephan quoted on air with his fingers. I took a look at Drew who was busy rehearsing his lines. "Ayt." I replied and walked towards Drew.

"Hey buddy." I punched his arm like he's my own brother. "Oh, yo what's up?" He replied. I told him about my so-called mission for today and then I started teaching him about the tips on how to be a good prince. He practiced and practiced all day until he got tired and asked for a break. Then I sat on Sir Stephan's 'director' black chair and rested my eyes for a while.

"Hi." someone said. I slowly opened my eye lids and focused my eyes. "Oh hey Chesca. How's everything?" I stood up and put my hands inside my pocket. "I'm sorry for acting all bossy and everything yesterday. I hope you forgive me." She bowed her head down. "No, it's alright! You don't need to apologize at all. It's okay." I replied, tapping her shoulder. She lifts her head up and managed to smile. "Thanks."

"Hey, can you do me a favor?" She begged. "What?"

______________________________________________________________________