⇝ 1.1 ⇜

(y/n)'s POV

We arrived back where we came from, only to be greeted with stares of curiosity.

"What did you two talk about?" Matsuda came up to us and asked.

"Let's not worry about what we talked about. We have to work on a case here." I said.

As I looked at the others, I noticed that we had an increased headcount.

"I see someone new has joined us today," I said as I walked up to the girl, "My name is Hitomi Kobayashi, it's a pleasure..."

"Oh! My name is Misa Amane! Light has told me about you, Hitomi." Misa smiled at me.

Light talked about me to Misa? Why does that trouble me...?

I then saw something flash in her eyes.

Red...

My eyes flew a bit open, I was remembering that Light did the exact same thing that night. I bit the inside of my cheek, then looked from Lawliet to Light. I took a deep breath, but then felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Hitomi, are you ready to work?" Yagami-san asked me.

"Yes, I am." I said, turning my attention away my thoughts and back to the real world.

Work on the case, consider some REASONABLE suspects... Ok...

_

Everyone has left the room, except for Lawliet and I. I stay quiet as I wrote down notes in a different notepad, just so no one can snoop through my personal one. I kept opening my mouth to say something, but I always ended up with my mouth shut. The fact that Misa might be another Kira is buzzing through my head.

"You have been quiet for a while, Hitomi." Him saying my name makes me internally cringe.

You really don't know anything about a girl's reactions, Lawliet..

"Have I? I guess I was just too focused in my work." I said, letting out a nervous laugh.

"I might not be able to read your emotions but I can see through lies." I froze in my tracks.

"Fine.... I'm just thinking about the case, ok?"

"Is it-"

"I-I'll tell you later, I gotta talk to someone right now. Afterwards, I'll tell you! I guess you'll be up, monitoring me and maybe other houses." I said as I quickly went out and to my room.

I speed walked to my room, with Lawliet hot on my trail. Before I could close the door, he put his foot in between the door and the wall to stop me.

"Ryuzaki?!"

"I'm coming in."

I sighed as I decided to just let the man do as he pleased. He sat in a chair, in his unique little way. I sat on my bed, hoping that I could talk to him without Light.

"Ryuk.." I muttered.

It was quiet for a few minutes, but then, I heard lightening and thunder. I forgot it was supposed to rain for the night. Then, the next thing I knew, my lights blew out.

"Hitomi?"

"It's alright, Ryuzaki!"

"You called, Hitomi? Or should I say, (y/n) (l/n)?" My eyes flew open as I saw the shinigami near my window.

"Don't be trying to give me a jump scare!" I scolded as I stood up.

"I didn't know that you've expected shinigamis to be nice, pretty and bright."