⇝ 3.0 ⇜

(y/n)'s POV

Classes ended for the day, which I was happy about. The only thing I wasn't looking forward to was, possibly, seeing Light on the streets again. Lawliet and I walked out of the university, before we even got to the gate, Lawliet pulled me aside.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"We're going to see a doctor, it's been a few days since you took that test," I blinked at him, "that should have been enough time to, y-you know, make sure."

I laughed at his explanation, but I nodded at him. I knew it had to be time to check to see if we did have a little ball of sunshine in this mess.

"Alright, let's go."

_
Time skip brought to you by my laziness
_

"Congratulations, you are pregnant!" The doctor congratulated us.

"I-I'm.." I was speechless, but I was happy.

"That's amazing!!" I finally let myself speak.

"U-Uh.."

"Isn't great, Ryuzaki!!" I hugged him.

"I-It's the best news that I ever heard!" Lawliet said as he picked me up and twirled me around the office.

"Haha Ryuzaki!" I laughed.

I was then placed down on my feet.

"Yes, come back soon so we can check the baby to see if it's healthy. So far, it's in perfect health." The doctor spoke up.

"Yes, of course. Thank you so much!" I said as I grabbed Lawliet's hand and walked out of the office to make another appointment.

_

"Isn't it great??" I asked the others.

I called the task force to tell them the amazing news. Right now, we were all sitting on the sofas and chairs.

"That's great, (y/n), congratulations!" Matsuda said, looking happy.

"Thank you, Matsuda." Lawliet answered for me.

"So, we'll be seeing a little Lawliet or a little (y/n) running around." Someone from the task force said, I think his name was Aizawa.

"Yep! Try to act more happy about it."

"Well, shouldn't you be even more scared now that we know Light is Kira?" Another person asked, I think his name is Ide.

I felt my happiness go down the drain, I placed a hand on my stomach at the thought of Light killing this child.

"That wasn't the best thing to say, Ide." I heard Yagami-san say.

"Sorry, sir."

"No," I spoke up, "he's right."

"We just found out that we're having a baby, we'll worry about Light later. Let's just be happy right now." Lawliet said as he wrapped his arm around me.

"Either way, we have to worry about him." I said, as I gave a small sigh.

"Don't worry, (y/n)!" We all looked at Matsuda, "We'll make sure that Light is caught, so you and Ryuzaki will be able to live in peace with your baby!"

"Thank you, Matsuda." I gave a small smile.

"Well, it's getting late," Yagami-san said as he stood up, "it's time to leave."

The others agreed and got up, they quickly said goodbye and left the room. I silently got up and went to the bathroom, not before I grabbed some pajamas so I can change. I came back out, only to find Lawliet still sitting on the sofa, but the only difference was the way he was sitting.

He's like a frog.

"Ide is right." I said as I looked at Lawliet.

"I know he is, but I don't want you to worry about Light, the stress that's building up inside you isn't good for the baby." He told me as he stood up and walked over to me.

"How would you know?" I joked, "Do you have one with someone else?"

"Um.."

My sense of humor turned off like a switch.

"Lawliet, are you serious?"

"No." He then gave me a small smile.

I felt his arms wrap around me, I looked at his face, I saw a kiddie smile on it. I felt my heart beat fast, especially since I almost had a heart attack.

"What was that about stress not being good for the baby?" I glared at him.

"I'm sorry, but you started the joke first." I sighed at his words.

"But you sounded so serious, I thought that you were using me-"

"Never. I would never use you." His smile stayed as I quickly wrapped my arms around him, trapping him in my embrace.

"I'm never making this jokes again...and neither are you!" I scolded him.

"I won't! I won't!" He said.

"Good, now you got me tired." I said as I let out a tiny yawn.

"I think it's best if you rest, you AND the baby need it." Lawliet told me as I started to lay down.

"What about you? You need it too." I said to him.

"I'll be fine." Lawliet told me.

"You know, when this baby is here, you won't get any chances to sleep, so please come to bed." I gave him puppy eyes.

"...Fine..." He muttered as he climbed into bed next to me.

"I love you, you know that right?" I asked him, looking at him with tired eyes.

"I know you do and I love you too, and this one here." He said as I felt his hand on my stomach.

"Lawliet the baby is still forming." I told him as I closed my eyes.

"I'm still letting it know." I heard him say.

"Oh my gosh, just go to sleep." I laughed a bit before letting sleep consume me.